• Страница 1 из 3
  • »
Diablo: The Hell - forums » The Hell forum [ENG] » Hellforge » Suggestions
Suggestions
Mordor Date: We, 2008-01-09, 06:55 | Message # 1
Full Plate
Посты: 4692
Статус: Offline
All suggestions, ideas, anything you'd like to see implemented in the future releases of TH, write it all here. Treat this thread as some sort of wishlist.

oli25 Date: Th, 2008-01-24, 23:35 | Message # 2
Ring Mail
Посты: 110
Замечания: 0%
hmmm... meybe items that have 0 durability won't disapair?(something like in diablo 2)And you can repair them, but you can't wear them. So you don't have to worry about your unique item when it has low durability.

Edited by oli25 - Th, 2008-01-24, 23:36

Mordor Date: Fr, 2008-01-25, 17:27 | Message # 3
Full Plate
not this one. item durabilities, oils and anvils are nicely balanced imo. I wouldn't want to do this cuase I think it woudlnt IMPROVE the game

Mordor Date: Th, 2008-01-31, 18:52 | Message # 4
Full Plate
how about if I make some of the monster archers knockback characters with their arrows?

Jolt76 Date: Tu, 2008-02-05, 12:47 | Message # 5
Rags
Посты: 3
Id like to see more weapons/shields for a mage. maybe call the mage shields orbs and they could have spells on them based on type like diablo 2 or just add to spell damages some how or just plain add spec amounts of mana based on shield type.
id also like to know how its possible for a mages to kill immunes on higher diffculitys i went into abyss on purg mode and couldnt touch two unique monsters i cant remember names right now but one is a yellow skeleton that disapears into the floor like hidden and the other is another yellow skeleton that has the king graphic he seems to be immune to all but holy bolt but 50-70? dmg i think my level 35 mage does dont hurt a unique monster who has atleast 6000 hp.
my golem is only around level 5 but on purg if its a melee type monster he gets 1-4 hit killed 1v1 unless sc and if sc is not avalible hes no good to me. classic diablo a mage could always sc and melee along side of a golem to kill all monsters in hell skill but im not sure if this is possible.

Muti arrows on a bow is nice but if you dont release mouse button they dont fire(rapid click) maybe its about balance but i still felt it fired to slow for me in mose cases to be useful.

Mordor Date: Tu, 2008-02-05, 13:39 | Message # 6
Full Plate
Mages can use low level shields. Preferrably, with high level defensive affixes.

Regarding immunes, I have looked through all the bosses in the game and corrected quadra immune ones. Download patch 1.57x for corrected resists on them.

Now to the question. Yes. It is amazingly possible to SC triple immune monsters and kill them with Golem / Weapons / Holy Bolt / Apocalypse. The added bonus is that in cursed state they do not regenerate and your ToHit chance is always 100%. The main difficulty of this is not killing the boss him(her)self, but to kill his(her) minions first twisted

Multi arrows work marvellous. Provided you are playing as a Scout.

AtzaMan Date: We, 2008-02-20, 15:52 | Message # 7
Rags
Can you implement the The Hell Clicker routine inside TH?
Why start 2 programs? An ingame option or a cfg/ini parameter would be nice.

Mordor Date: Fr, 2008-02-22, 15:43 | Message # 8
Full Plate
Quote (AtzaMan)
Can you implement the The Hell Clicker routine inside TH?

unfortunately, not. I dont use it myself and it was added to optional plugins because Sh4rk used to like it.

Koven Date: Sa, 2008-03-01, 20:28 | Message # 9
Studded Leather
Посты: 59
Grasp of Oblivion requires now 30 STR and 90 DEX ! Sorcerors can't wear it anymore, it's 30 points over their max DEX. I think it's more a consequence of the global item revision than a will of making this item inaccessible. Before the change, 52 DEX was needed.

Edited by Koven - Sa, 2008-03-01, 20:30

Mordor Date: Sa, 2008-03-01, 20:37 | Message # 10
Full Plate
I'll think of a way to fix that. I wonder if -%damage and -STR wraps around in multiplayer when dropped and picked by other player. It looks somewhat suspicious now afte receiving so many reports.

Koven Date: We, 2008-03-05, 20:59 | Message # 11
Studded Leather
I think there is an issue concerning the balance of melee weapons dropped in the game. Most of them (swords or axes) are completely useless (except at the beginning of the game, until level 8 I would say) because don't have speed bonus. For me without speed or haste, a weapon can't be used efficiently, and these suffixes aren't a luxury, it's a vital need to survive. When entering caves, it becomes an absolute necessity.

To fix that, there is a simple possibility : create new affixes or suffixes (or rather transpose them) on bangles/collar which increase attack rate of melee weapons (quite common for the Speed effect, rare for Haste). I think it would nicely balance the game : each weapon can really be usable. Weapons which already have a speed bonus are still interesting because it allows keeping one bangle or collar emplacement free for other bonuses.

oli25 Date: We, 2008-03-05, 22:14 | Message # 12
Ring Mail
There is already unique bangle that gives Fastest Atack. So if he will add magic bangles with it it will be useless.

Edited by oli25 - We, 2008-03-05, 22:14

Koven Date: We, 2008-03-05, 23:14 | Message # 13
Studded Leather
I don't see where is the problem, this unique item (which seems pretty rare, I have never seen it) is probably far better than one supposed "Bangle of Speed/Haste", so it doesn't make it useless like you said. I keep thinking this modification could improve a lot the game by bringing more choices/variety and flexibility. Actually, 95% of weapons you can find deserve to be sold. Quite boring. With these new bangle/collar, it's like a large number of weapons which have a second luck. It would also make unique weapons a little less indispensable. It goes in the right direction for me.

Edited by Koven - We, 2008-03-05, 23:16

Mordor Date: We, 2008-03-05, 23:45 | Message # 14
Full Plate
sounds like an improvement. there were some issues with speed bonuses stacking. i clearly recall arrows not hitting monsters after knockback with +2 bonus on a bangle and +2 bonus on bow. +4 didnt give problems iirc. I'll try to implement this, however, it will take some time cause I need a serious amount of fieldtesting. if all goes well, this feature will be implemented.

utumkodur Date: Th, 2008-03-06, 12:55 | Message # 15
Rags
hi, could u make/fix:
1. exp sharing
2. death penalty after death (lose exp, item drop or something like that)
3. binded spells/skills stays after new game making, so i wouldnt have to bind them again when i start new game
4. mobs are always attacking player, who created game even when there is another player in its range so could u fix that too

Edited by utumkodur - Th, 2008-03-06, 13:07

Mordor Date: Th, 2008-03-06, 15:11 | Message # 16
Full Plate
1. I could, bit I won't. It's unnatural. One has to fight to gain XP, not stick around on the same level with fighters.

2. item drop - no. imo, item drop is a dumb idea. look at all modern games. how many of them have item drop? xp loss - no. some other sort - probably, but I need ideas for this if it's so important.

3. i don't know, will have to try this. sounds nice though

4. I'll have to think about it. And then try if I decide to implement this.

utumkodur Date: Fr, 2008-03-07, 17:40 | Message # 17
Rags
players cant fight with each other ;/ its a bug ?

Orachin Date: Fr, 2008-03-07, 18:05 | Message # 18
Splint Mail
Посты: 394
utumkodur, Mordor said this will be fixed only after fully balanced pvm.

utumkodur Date: Sa, 2008-03-08, 16:18 | Message # 19
Rags
why there are always the same mobs on each level, they should spawn random like it was in diablo 1 and hellfire. could u fix that because this sux and makes this mod boring after hours of playing ;/

oli25 Date: Sa, 2008-03-08, 16:27 | Message # 20
Ring Mail
Yeah more random monsters please :P I do have an idea for new type of monster - vampire. When he moves he looks like bat (the one from catacombs, not from abyss) and he moves really fast. When he is near he changes into lich and atacks like thunder lord(fast and strong)

barm Date: Sa, 2008-03-08, 16:29 | Message # 21
Studded Leather
Посты: 47
oli25, really great idea

Mordor Date: Sa, 2008-03-08, 16:57 | Message # 22
Full Plate
utumkodur, will do. BTW, a question: in Diablo there were 4 types of monsters with the same animation but different TRN coloring. They also differed by difficulty and didnt appear on the same level. For ex., flesh calna appeared on levels 4-6, stone clan on 5-7, fire clan on 6-8 and night clan on 7-9. Something like that. In TH (currently) they also differ, but only by color and name, not by DLVL and/or difficulty. Is that also should be changed or not?

oli25 Date: Mn, 2008-03-10, 16:16 | Message # 23
Ring Mail
While changing leave some monsters to always appear on some dlvl. Like on first dlvl. All monsters are slow there, so it is easy for beggining. On first dlvl of crypts its nice that all monsters are undeads since there is skeleton king.

Добавлено (10.03.2008, 16:16)
---------------------------------------------
What do you think about making .sfv file for every Full Release of mod ? It would be usefull cuz I often have problems with rar files from your site:P

Mordor Date: Mn, 2008-03-10, 18:01 | Message # 24
Full Plate
I dont use such software myself. Perhaps, I will start doing so if more people will complain about broken downloads. Until now, I have only once witnessed a broken upload - it was my own fault of turning off uploader too early.

Use download managers, this will be a safe bet.

oli25 Date: We, 2008-03-12, 01:53 | Message # 25
Ring Mail
I see a big unbalancing in difficulty when playing as scout and gladiator .My balance propositions:
Gladiator should have some chances to block (maybe depending on their str or dex) They don't use shield so hp is running out quickly. Scouts have more dex so they have better evasion rate.A big problem for gladiators are dark mages (flash + lightning) even with 85% lightning res and -50%ard they are very hard. Not to mention the Bile Spitters from crypts. Gladiator die almost every time from this beasts when fury ends. They have amazing spell casting speed, damage and they run very fast. Scouts doesn't have any problems with this monsters. In new version scouts have even bigger dmg... When connect this to 3 arrows per shoot( fury), knockback and fire&lightning walls scouts are immortal :P
I had even tested scout. And with clvl 24, around 100ac and only 11 base vitality(-5dfe), around 150 hp I cleared crypts from 1-3 with no problems on horror. If i will get something more on my mind I will post it.

Mordor Date: We, 2008-03-12, 02:10 | Message # 26
Full Plate
That's very strange. Orachin keeps complaining that Scout is very weak and Gladiator is overpowered.

Bring me more details about the problem situation. Without details it's hard to understand what's going on.

Gladoo Date: We, 2008-03-12, 02:13 | Message # 27
Leather Armor
Посты: 32
Vampires would be cool Oli, but if I drink holy water I kill him with one hit tongue

Edited by Gladoo - We, 2008-03-12, 02:17

oli25 Date: We, 2008-03-12, 02:44 | Message # 28
Ring Mail
Did Orachin ever played as gladiator? At least finished horror difficulty?
I have problems with my glad on doom mode. When 3 monsters atack me on caves I can't do anything. Even in 1v1 one hit takes 1/4 of my hp. And monsters hits me almost every time. I didn't have such a problems on purgatory in previous version, now I can't enter purgatory (clvl 43) New version - Gladiators now get stunned if final damage received is greater than their CLVL (same formula as for others). On purgatory in 1.58 version I couldn't kill dark mages I had around 70 light res and -50%ard. So I always was goind to next dlvl. I was able to kill uber diablo but I had no chances with few dark mages, or bile spitters. Now when I play as scout I don't have any problems with them (Even with crappish items... armor - lether of aut lol) With gladiator on horror mode I had only cleared dlvl 1 of crypts (wasn't so easy)
Anyway I would be nice if you would test gladiator and scout from biggining by yourself :P Sorry if I dont make it clear but my english sucks :P

Edited by oli25 - We, 2008-03-12, 02:47

Gladoo Date: We, 2008-03-12, 03:27 | Message # 29
Leather Armor
I find Gladiator fairly difficult but I attributed it to the difficulty of the game as I haven't played any of the other characters yet. Horror mode gave me the most trouble, yet once I found a few uniques purgatory was a breeze, figuratively speaking. I don't know how I'll do on doom as one of the last patches messed up my unique armor.

The only monsters so far I cannot for the life of me kill are some Imp lightning magi (with a boss) in the caves I don't remember exactly what level, I'd have to check. They don't follow you, all they do is sit there and simultaneously cast 40 lightning spells at you from halfway across the map. Most monsters won't attack you until your light radius gets close enough where they can see you. With these buggers, as long as they have line of sight they will attack you, this must be a bug.

So the only thing I can see is maybe your armor factor isn't high enough. I'm somewhere around 450AF at clvl 35. Fastest attack weapon also helps a lot as it interrupts them. Recovery would be nice but I can never find equipment thats useful that has it.

Mordor Date: We, 2008-03-12, 04:48 | Message # 30
Full Plate
Scout is balanced exactly the way I want it. I'd say, playing one is damn fun. Paladin is also provides nice play, but I have some thoughts about increasing his damage and lowering total DFE a little (by decreasing maximum DFE on shields).

I agree that lightning casters are a bit more difficult than other sort of magic casters. I'll try to rewrite lightning damage code for future. If I get lucky, it will be implemented as neat as Flash damage ATM. IMO, Flash damage (from monsters) is extremely well balanced.

Oli, if you get hit too often, it's obvious that your AC is too low for the given area. Consult Formulae tables to figure out how much AC you need.

Rob, I took my level 29 Scout player to purgatory caves today and came across those Imps and their boss Harlequin. There are 1 boss and (maximum) 16 minions. Maximum number of lightnings they cast is 17. However, I found it very hard to dispatch them. I succeeded but spent about 20 minutes on this pack. They didnt attack from too lomng of a distance how you said. Perhaps, you didn't restart SP game after upgrading? :\ I can only think about this as a reason.

Gladoo Date: We, 2008-03-12, 06:57 | Message # 31
Leather Armor
Ok I exaggerated with 40 but it sure seemed like it as I couldn't get close enough to count, lightning filled my entire screen heh. I encountered them several times through the course of horror mode, I don't think they were there when I went though purgatory. But the same thing happened every time. As I have barely any access to long range attack...that and the entire group fires on me all at once I doubt I could do it even if I did. All of this occurred after the initial install, I had only been playing but a few days the first few times I encountered it (clvl 20 or so). If you like I can make a video for you, it's insane. It also may just be happening on horror mode, try that.

Orachin Date: We, 2008-03-12, 11:52 | Message # 32
Splint Mail
Quote (oli25)
Did Orachin ever played as gladiator? At least finished horror difficulty?

Yes/yes. Glad is easier than scout. The only problem are the archers (but they kill scout fast too...) and mages(those are the same difficult for scout)
Quote (oli25)
Anyway I would be nice if you would test gladiator and scout from biggining by yourself :P Sorry if I dont make it clear but my english sucks :P

already.

BTW, dont count SP games. too many differents with MP.

Oli, start Glad without any item trading with ur toons, beat horror. start Scout without item trading with gillian. Cuz u started scout when ur glad has already gained lots of items and handicap start doesn't count as a normal starting. I can start glad with item trading and he will have about 100-1000 dmg on lvl 20 (i'll need shitloads of potions and shrine-runs, but result is awesome)

Lol... now i'll delete my glad, cuz i cant stop playing him and i think balance is crashed. Everyone who starts playing MP games and at least beat horror say that glad is overpowered. I have already understood it, so i'll test other classes now :P

Edited by Orachin - We, 2008-03-12, 11:55

oli25 Date: We, 2008-03-12, 14:29 | Message # 33
Ring Mail
I told you i have crapish items with scout...
What gladiator has that makes him overpowered ? Don't tell me its dmg cuz it is nothing with scout with 3 arrows in one atack + knockback

Добавлено (12.03.2008, 14:29)

Quote (Orachin)
The only problem are the archers (but they kill scout fast too...) and mages(those are the same difficult for scout)

How they can kill scout fast if scout shoot 3 arrows and can kill few of them in once ? And knockbacks them so they wont atack as fast. Scout dont have to run after them hole damn dlvl.

Mordor Date: We, 2008-03-12, 14:52 | Message # 34
Full Plate
It's true that scouts can get killed real fast by ranged attackers, but it's also true that they can hide behind obstacles (corners, doorways, etc.) to avoid a big percentage of fire and keep shooting. And they don't have to chase ranged shooters. This really gives them a big advantage. However, their defense rating is significantly lower. Scouts face (IMO) biggest problems with monsters that use indirect approach and attack with both ranged and melee attack: goats, lightning demons, balrogs, vipers, boars, hornies, diablo and especially warpers. Against ranged attackers there is no real problem if they don't deal tremendous damage. As I see it, scout gameplay is balanced very well. Those who complain either need to learn to play or need to realise that the game is MEANT to be that hard.

Gladiators are good against brutes with no sofistications. Provided AC and damage are high enough. Their problem is the opposite: ranged shooters. They are dealing a lot of damage when encountered in groups. They have to be chased, or cornered. And while maneuvering with one attacker, the others keep draining the very life of you. Additional problems arise if they can move around at an increased speed (bile spitters) or if they have retreat/phase immunity on top of that (mages). Now this should be fixed. This still needs fixing. I have some thoughts about modifying mage attack type so that they won't disappear for that long when phasing. Lightning damage formula also needs to be rewritten for better damage balance (atm dark mages are stronger opponents than magistrate). And again, as I see it, the only trouble of Gladiators is ranged shooters. Brutes dont cause much trouble. Even when you can't block and a monster is a real damage deaker, you can still have something huge to swing at it at a high speed and get a benefit from Knockbacker weapon type to avoid taking damage from it most of the time.

And one extra thing I have in mind about gameplay for warriors is to decrease the chance of ranged shooters for retreat again. Not low level onbes, but higher levels shooters. Bile spitters a lot and gloom clan a little.

Orachin Date: We, 2008-03-12, 15:23 | Message # 35
Splint Mail
Quote (oli25)
What gladiator has that makes him overpowered ? Don't tell me its dmg cuz it is nothing with scout with 3 arrows in one atack + knockback

Dmg from those 3 arrows is 2 times less from each (scout's damage is always about 2 times less)

Glad attacks faster (and with affixes of fastest attack...)

Glad can receive lifeleech

Glad has more hp about 1.5-2 times

Glad can use weapon type advantages that affect total dmg by type of monsters(maces>undead, for example)

Glad can use 20% chance of double damage affixes

Glad can use Rnd 0-300% damage weapons

affixes of +dmg stack on total dmg from 2 weapons, scout can use only 1 bow

Glad recovers faster

Those 3 arrows from scout can't always hit 1 monster(for example, if he stands just higher or just lower than scout)

Scout has 2 times less chance of crit and 2 times more dmg ==> it makes crits affect less total dmg, cuz glad on lvl50 can just add 50% to listed dmg (50% chance of crit 2x), and scout can't (cuz 26% isnt a big chance...)

I must continue?

Добавлено (12.03.2008, 15:19)

Quote (Orachin)
affixes of +dmg stack on total dmg from 2 weapons, scout can use only 1 bow

i meant +dmg%

Добавлено (12.03.2008, 15:23)
BTW, about +damage%: 2 executioner's blades will pwn everything with just 144 str req (or something like that)

Mordor Date: We, 2008-03-12, 15:26 | Message # 36
Full Plate
this is all theory, theory doesn't matter. the only thing that matters is how the gameplay goes.

I tend to trust Oli's comments more if they come from battlefield

Orachin Date: We, 2008-03-12, 15:36 | Message # 37
Splint Mail
Quote (Mordor)
this is all theory, theory doesn't matter.

This would be theory, if i didnt check it

+1 advantage is that Glad spents much less gold for repairing, bows with 3-arrow shooting breaks faster than 2 weapons and need less hits so glad earns much more money than scout(scout can even waste money while exping)

Mordor Date: We, 2008-03-12, 15:43 | Message # 38
Full Plate
any gladiator who came across Maulers will tell you that these guys hit the living shit out of any armor. and armors mins you often cost much gold to repair. and your precious scout isn't supposed to be reached. so, her bow is basically the only thing that eeds repairs

oli25 Date: We, 2008-03-12, 15:53 | Message # 39
Ring Mail
Mordor you have high clvl scout so you know how strong scouts are...With good tactics (casting walls in right place) monsters won't even come close to you. Imo scouts don't need powerups like in new version (more dmg) Players playing as scouts needs better tactics.

Edited by oli25 - We, 2008-03-12, 21:40

Mordor Date: We, 2008-03-12, 19:40 | Message # 40
Full Plate
Good news fellas!

I think I'll release a patch with a neatly balanced lightning damage from monsters within several hours. I will need a little more time for fieldtesting and I'll have to make sure there are no problems with the modified code. And then you'll have a chance to taste the new thing smile

Orachin Date: We, 2008-03-12, 21:58 | Message # 41
Splint Mail
Cool... -1 problem from an every class smile

Stop, mages' lightning won't be nerfed, i hope?

Добавлено (12.03.2008, 21:58)
I meant mage as a character.

Mordor Date: We, 2008-03-12, 22:17 | Message # 42
Full Plate
no. character lightning damage is calculated elsewhere.

Mordor Date: Th, 2008-03-13, 00:37 | Message # 43
Full Plate
the lightning damage is now balanced very well (i think).

here is a video, showing the result

oli25 Date: Th, 2008-03-13, 00:57 | Message # 44
Ring Mail
I will test it smile (Maybe in future :P, right now I am stuck with my glad sad )
Nice pal you have there :P I also have underworlds heart armor but I can't wear it yet.

sualocin Date: Mn, 2008-03-24, 00:34 | Message # 45
Robe
Посты: 6
Mordor one very stupid suggestion from my site
is it possible to make or design the assasin model/skin player so that she could have darkhair, to have little more difference in the game so that the chars have a more unique look but maybe it is to much work and very difficult, i dont know but it would be very pleasent if someone who has skills could tune the look of the chars and give them more variety .
The best would be a char editor somthing, like in Hellgate London ofcaurse much more simple, where you could chose for example the skincolor of your char or where you could chose in all clases (paladin,...assasin...) between a female and male gender at the begin, the conclusion for example is that you could make a black female sorcerer this would be fun especially in multiplayer

and one little critic why diablo and his greater demons in lvl16 arent in the petagram room, i dont like that this special group of monsters enemys is located so open
by the way i think some level structure have to be changed
some cinematics should be cut of for example the lazarus it makes me so isane, the worst is you cant skip it
i hope this sugestions arent to stupid happy

Hominicus Date: Mn, 2008-03-31, 00:29 | Message # 46
Robe
Посты: 7
Could you put Full Mana Potions as first in Adria shop?

Mordor Date: Mn, 2008-03-31, 00:54 | Message # 47
Full Plate
Well, yes, techically, I could. But since regeneration for mages is very fast, I tend to make the potions more expensive and make Full potions as random at Adria. She won't sell them always.

And same for Pepin's full healing jars.

Koven Date: Su, 2008-04-13, 02:06 | Message # 48
Studded Leather
Some suggestions :

- Specific monsters have better chances to drop items in relation to their nature. Example : archers-like (humans, skeletons or goats) monsters dropping bows or scout-friendly items more often than others monsters. There is still great randomness but more coherent and a little controlled. This logic can be extended to others monsters (shields with Knights, staves or books with Mages).

- Better distinction between weapons (melee or even bows) with high max damage but low min damage and vice versa. Actually, there are very few weapons with high minimum damage, and these ones are crappy or have no interest. I keep thinking the choice between these 2 types of weapons should exist at every level.

- Golem spell should be improved : Hitpoints and Attack increase with SLVL.

- Arcane star is a bit weak at high level : it's indeed a powerful spell which is efficient against magic resistant monsters, but it has no splash damage and so can only attack one enemy at a time. A sorceror has good spells involving fire or lightning at high level, but his magic capacities are clearly his weak point. Maybe this issue could be solved by giving an interest to Flame Wave or Flash.

- Elemental : quite high damage but I doubt it has its utility, Fiery Blast is far better and Fiery nova has greater effectiveness even if expensive.

- Staff of Meditation should have "-50% ranged damage" to be really useful. It has already nice bonuses for sorcerors (+mag, +mana +slvl) but
it costs 2 slots for the character. Wearing a knife + shield is strangely a lot more interesting for a sorceror than a staff. By the way, I guess Staff of meditation is an item for beginners or middle characters. Is there more advanced uniques staves for mage ?

Edited by Koven - Su, 2008-04-13, 02:17

Mordor Date: Su, 2008-04-13, 12:42 | Message # 49
Full Plate
Quote (Koven)
- Specific monsters have better chances to drop items in relation to their nature

As far as I know, there is no dependancy on the monster type about what it will drop. I surely didn't do anything to implement that and never came across a code that did something similar. I'm confused about this suggestion, actually. Maybe there IS a dependancy, but I'm not aware. If so, I'd like to know more. Details.

Quote (Koven)
- Better distinction between weapons

That could be done in a few hours. Current values are balanced to give greater randomness in terms of stunning monsters. If you suggest different values, then you have to explain why there must be randomness. Those are just values you know. But they should give the right FEELINGS when you're playing. And this is about inpredictability about whether you will stun your foe with the next hit or no, will it instakill the monster or wil just hurt and give it a chance to hit you back. This is about mechanics of the fight. Ofcourse, I don't deny that improvements can be done, but, as said above, I need an explanation so that I can see the benefit.

Quote (Koven)
- Golem spell should be improved

Right. I recently moved and here I don't have a PC that is suitable for modding the game. It has Vista installed and that makes things VERY troublesome. I'll start a thread about the things to do. Some sort of TO DO list. And will update it online. So that all will be able to see its contents and suggest more if there is a need. Golem really needs some attention, I fully agree.

Quote (Koven)
- Arcane star is a bit weak at high level

It also starts kind of strong. I don't remember the formula by heart, but it was connected to SLVL and curMAG values. I also recall it having correct damage stats displayed in spellbook. So, what is the solution? Make it weaker at low levels and stronger at high (SLVL) levels?
Flash is too going to be updated. It still has its old bugs that need to be corected. Probably, it will be rewritten. Flash could be made into a very devastating emergency spell with magical damage. It gives invulnerability for the time of casting and thus is well suited for this purpose already. It also has a tremendous potential for damage. Plus, in my humble opinion, it has one of the best visual effects. All that could result in a very nice new addition to the Mage's toolbox. But that would require some work on my part. Oh, and about the purpose. Probably, new Flash would be nice to cast after weakening a horde from a distnace with ArcStars and then finishing them off with a devastative Flash when they approach. By the way, my recent game experience shows that monsters' Flash damage could be increased a little. Flame Wave could be made useful. But I'll wait with that. Other things are of greater priority at the moment. Same about Elemental.

Quote (Koven)
- Staff of Meditation

Meditator is for intermediate players. For deeper levels I doubt it would prove as useful. Weapon + Shield is indeed a better solution in most cases. Yes, there IS more advanced staff. It's a wand called 'Joker's Beak'. Technically, it's a staff, but it can be used with a shield. It's quite rare and can be dropped by the hardest of enemies. I think it's the best choice for a Mage in most situations. But it will require current Magic over 300 twisted

Koven Date: Su, 2008-04-13, 15:17 | Message # 50
Studded Leather
Quote (Mordor)

As far as I know, there is no dependancy on the monster type about what it will drop. I surely didn't do anything to implement that and never came across a code that did something similar. I'm confused about this suggestion, actually. Maybe there IS a dependancy, but I'm not aware. If so, I'd like to know more. Details.

Probably I wasn't clear enough, it was just a suggestion of me. This feature does not exist at all. Item drop is totally random.

Diablo: The Hell - forums » The Hell forum [ENG] » Hellforge » Suggestions
  • Страница 1 из 3
  • »
Поиск:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024 Хостинг от uCoz