Sa, 2024-04-27, 05:38
Diablo: The Hell
Приветствую Вас Новичок | RSS
Главная | Suggestions - Страница 2 - Diablo: The Hell - forums | Регистрация | Вход
[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 2 из 3
  • «
  • »
Diablo: The Hell - forums » The Hell forum [ENG] » Hellforge » Suggestions
Suggestions
Symbolic- Date: Mn, 2008-04-14, 21:19 | Message # 51
Robe
Посты: 10
Замечания: 0%
Статус: Offline
How about running?

Mordor Date: Mn, 2008-04-14, 21:29 | Message # 52
Full Plate
Посты: 4692
Quote (Symbolic-)
How about running?

dumbass thing I never liked. being unable to run gives you more creeps. being able to run gives you more bugs, less atmosphere and less emotional tention because you start feeling like you can always run away from them without fighting back.

Symbolic- Date: Mn, 2008-04-14, 22:50 | Message # 53
Robe
Worked out fine with The Dark imo. Saves alot of time when you have to run through empty lvls

Mordor Date: Mn, 2008-04-14, 22:51 | Message # 54
Full Plate
excuse me, but why would you have to run through empty levels?

oli25 Date: Mn, 2008-04-14, 23:10 | Message # 55
Ring Mail
Посты: 110
Quote (Mordor)
why would you have to run through empty levels?

Yeah that's a good question. Running would destroy game balance. Monster with normal walking speed wouldn't stand a chance against mage or other ranged char.
Btw if you want to move faster with melee char try out assassin. She has nice dmg and a lot mag for casting speels (teleport etc.).

Edited by oli25 - Mn, 2008-04-14, 23:26

Lycanthrope Date: Mn, 2008-04-21, 00:28 | Message # 56
Robe
Something i would like to see done would be a decrease in damage on the traps in the earlier parts of the dungeons. Mainly because i said "What the eff? That sucked!" out loud when a trap blew away my scout when i opened a chest directly at the stairs.

Another thing would be to start out whit some more gold. 200 gold really won't get me anywhere that early and redoing lvl 1 like 10 times gets boring. Im not saying it should be a fortune. Just maybe 100 gold more or so.

And just some cosmetic changes: I prefer Farnham sitting on the ground, Grizwold should be spelled Griswold, Gillians greeting could be shortened.

And another thing i have to point out (tough this should be in bug report i guess) is that when you listen to Gillian's gossip you get the text and audio from like Cain or Adria.

That is all i can come up whit right now.

Also. It's my first post here.

All these russian letters tend to confuse me abit. Ill try figuring stuff out in time tough

Mordor Date: Mn, 2008-04-21, 00:41 | Message # 57
Full Plate
Quote (Lycanthrope)
decrease in damage on the traps

I think trap damage is balanced well enough. wearing ARD and having some DFE on you will provide your survival most of the time. in original game shrines were dangerous and traps were nice. in TH it's opposite: shrines are nice and traps are dangerous.

Quote (Lycanthrope)
some more gold

for what?

Quote (Lycanthrope)
I prefer Farnham sitting on the ground

agree. will do.

Quote (Lycanthrope)
Grizwold should be spelled Griswold

disagree

Quote (Lycanthrope)
Gillians greeting could be shortened

ditto

Quote (Lycanthrope)
when you listen to Gillian's gossip you get the text and audio from like Cain or Adria

it's the bug that came from Stash plugin (bug report should be directed to Ulmo). I didn't participate in the creation of the plugin

Lycanthrope Date: Mn, 2008-04-21, 00:47 | Message # 58
Robe
I guess that i can sacrifice measly traps for non-hazardeous shrines.

Hmm.... Now that you mention it, i have no idea what i would use the extra gold for. Get some different gear for the starter char maybe?

As for the Griswold/Grizwold thing i just tought it would be more lore friendly to spell it Griswold and not Grizwold. But its not really up to me i guess.

As for the gossip bug i dont find it to be a big deal. The fact that she holds stuff for you so you dont have to lug all your crap around makes up for it.

All these russian letters tend to confuse me abit. Ill try figuring stuff out in time tough

Frinta Date: Mn, 2008-04-21, 12:00 | Message # 59
Studded Leather
Посты: 39
A few things from me, just keep in mind I havn't actually played either hellfire or the hell... YET

1. I hear that many levels have all one monster type... well I really wish that wouldn't be so, that sounds really REALLY gay. If you remove those animal and undead mods on the clubs & sharps to do that, then why the hell not? it seems to me that it's the only way... would it really be that much of a loss?
I think yeah it would be a loss, but having lots of variety of monsters would be a 20x gain, far making up for it.

2. hey what about some "monsters" that have no movement?
I'm talking walls, towers, spires etc. ( pretty much, think diablo 2, but D2's towers weren't the most fun, but maybe by chance towers and walls etc. would be fun in the hell? ya wouldn't know till you've tried... )

3. you'll hate me so bad for this one happy but I had a strange idea for a quest... it would go something like this...
some levels with maybe a range of 3... erm... I mean say lvls 6-9 or 22-25 (wherever you want to add the quest) will drop "food" from some monsters ^^ and um... the towns people are starving... (perhaps some dudes outside the town thought a blockade would starve the town, kill the people and the livestock would follow pretty soon without people to care for them ... and then the minions of hell would be swarming into a village with little to eat. ^_^)
so you pick up the food that the monsters drop (lol maybe you are eating their dead bodies? :D) and then deliver it to one town person... (just one would probably be best... and he/she would redistribute it) then once you've given a fixed amount you are given your reward told something like the warehouses are filled for long enough whatever/whatever however you wanna end it...

Jarulf's Guide Online

Edited by Frinta - Mn, 2008-04-21, 12:04

Mordor Date: Mn, 2008-04-21, 12:07 | Message # 60
Full Plate
1. I don't get it.

2. I was thinking about a monster with Hydra gfx that would appear from the ground and thrust fire bolts. but there is no AI script in the game to support such idea. I didn't try to add new scripts yet.

3. adding quests is a complex thing. that's beyond me. at least for now.

Frinta Date: Mn, 2008-04-21, 12:31 | Message # 61
Studded Leather
1. ... what I meant is the club and sword thing... ya know how ....oh FFS.... *searches forums for posts*

why there are always the same mobs on each level, they should spawn random like it was in diablo 1 and hellfire. could u fix that because this sux and makes this mod boring after hours of playing ;/

grr... had a specific post I was looking for... but couldn't find it, all I could find was that one. sad

Anyway that's what I was talking about, the club/sword thing. If you make club and sword types treat skeletons and animals equally then you would be able to mix the monsters together on the same dungeon lvls.

Jarulf's Guide Online

Edited by Frinta - Mn, 2008-04-21, 12:32

Mordor Date: Mn, 2008-04-21, 12:39 | Message # 62
Full Plate
ah, got it.

I still don't like this idea.

I like undead on their own and prefer to not mix them with beasts

Frinta Date: Mn, 2008-04-21, 12:48 | Message # 63
Studded Leather
2. I was thinking about a monster with Hydra gfx that would appear from the ground and thrust fire bolts. but there is no AI script in the game to support such idea. I didn't try to add new scripts yet.

Can't you just put the monster speed down to zero. I'm not a modder, but surely there is a way to make them not move... maybe just get alot of noobs to start modding hellfire and check their "help plz a bug" topics untill one of them can't get his monsters to move. happy

Jarulf's Guide Online

Mordor Date: Mn, 2008-04-21, 13:35 | Message # 64
Full Plate
monster movement speed can't be set to zero. probably, one way to restrict movement is to set counselor attaack type. this would result in this hydra appearing from the ground and casting fireballs. then it would cast flash when in melee range, and when its HP go below 50% it would disappear in the ground and appear elsewhere to start casting fireballs again.

probably, this would look funny. the on;ly moment it might scare you is when it appears from the ground without you suspecting.

Lycanthrope Date: Mn, 2008-04-21, 17:03 | Message # 65
Robe
Wouldn't that be pretty much the same thing as an advocate/counselor wearing a hydra costume?

Mordor Date: Mn, 2008-04-21, 17:12 | Message # 66
Full Plate
Yes. That is why I tend to not to get involved in this.

Lycanthrope Date: Mn, 2008-04-21, 21:06 | Message # 67
Robe
I just got an idea! You know that plate shoulderpad that the warrior has whit light armor? If you would put a pair of those on the heavy armor look it would be neat.

Its just a suggestion but hey, thats what this thread is for right?

EDIT: I have another idea. How would green lava look in caves? Out of curiousity mainly.
Or perhaps brightgray lava and dark gray enviroment?

Edited by Lycanthrope - Mn, 2008-04-21, 22:47

Frinta Date: Tu, 2008-04-22, 01:13 | Message # 68
Studded Leather
This might be really hard and make the game look cute... but what about an option to um... (hope you understand ...)

have experience points sort of pop up in text above the monsters as they die? or some kind of experience counter... maybe semi transparent text that stays at a fixed position on the screen maybe uptop left... not sure exactly what it would count... personally I think if it would just show the total exp gained on the dungeon level, that would be cool. What do you think?
And if you do it could you do it as an option so that you don't have to see it if you don't want to? that would make even the haters of the idea happy. happy

Perhaps even better... if you a exp pop up on death above the monsters... you could have different texts for it... like default style could be a cool looking dark text... another style could be a cute sort of rainbow colour style, perhaps another a sort of liquid blue... magma red... maybe an animation effect with some styles if thats possible without being too laggy ?
and I mean it so that these styles are the users preference, a thing that each person can change in the options menu. ^^

Jarulf's Guide Online

Edited by Frinta - Tu, 2008-04-22, 01:17

Mordor Date: Tu, 2008-04-22, 01:43 | Message # 69
Full Plate
that would be nice to do, but I got no idea how to do that. if I had source code this would be easy praps.

otoh, I'd prefer ToHit percentage popup above monster near the pointer to give player info about what are his chances of hitting the monster. you know the Fallout style.

Symbolic- Date: Tu, 2008-04-22, 15:46 | Message # 70
Robe
Quote (Mordor)
I'd prefer ToHit percentage popup above monster near the pointer to give player info about what are his chances of hitting the monster. you know the Fallout style.

That would be quite nice tbh. Fallout <3

Koven Date: Tu, 2008-04-22, 16:42 | Message # 71
Studded Leather
Посты: 59
I really like this popup idea showing informations like ToHit or XP (more useful than Ctrl+C to see them).
Now, some suggestions :

1) Bosses would be able to drop elixirs : imo, bosses have to drop something valuable, and a elixir is a lot more interesting than another average random item. Elixirs would still be quite rare, though.

2) It's impossible to see bosses HP, even with Infravision. It's kind of problematic with a hard boss when you don't know if you're currently beating him or not, if he's near the death or not. Also, with No Resistances bosses who can be stone cursed, it takes a lot of time killing them with Golem + Mage weapon. Not knowing their remaining HP in this case is quite a torture. Does this information have to stay hidden for the player ?

3) Armors and Helms with prefix/ sufix which add points damage (some uniques have already this feature).

Edited by Koven - Tu, 2008-04-22, 16:43

Mordor Date: Tu, 2008-04-22, 17:53 | Message # 72
Full Plate
1. I don't think it's a good idea because elixir drop rate + shrines that give stats are balanced well enough. They are scarce. And it should be so.

2. Right. I should have done this long ago. Will try to implement this.

3. Armors and helms are handled together when determining pre- or suffix. Some armors already have a built-in damage increase. Long-sleeved chains and most plates. I tend to think it's not needed.

Frinta Date: Fr, 2008-04-25, 12:39 | Message # 73
Studded Leather
Part suggestion, part question.

What can you get the kill counters to do? (you know what I mean? it tells you about the resistances of monsters once you kill a certain amount)
Can you think of a big reward for killing a big amount of them?
Would that even work? it sort of resets when you make a new game or something doesn't it. sad

Jarulf's Guide Online

Mordor Date: Fr, 2008-04-25, 14:16 | Message # 74
Full Plate
I don't understand what you're trying to say. Would you explain in a less sophisticated way? You see, english's not my native...

Unexpect3D Date: Fr, 2008-04-25, 16:43 | Message # 75
Ring Mail
Посты: 140
Frinta
Having killed 50 skeletons you wish to lower their resistance?
Good idea. biggrin

Poseidon Date: Fr, 2008-04-25, 18:46 | Message # 76
Studded Leather
Посты: 43
OK, time for Poseidon to get into this biggrin
As you'll notice, i'm quite pesky, persistant and very arguable guy, so just to warn you.
I played Diablo:Helfire in the past, and i must admit i prefered it to Diablo 2 (Maybe because Hellfire had nothing to do with Blizzard, but my Blizzard anti-afinity is another topic.)
Now i'm surely going to start to play this mod here, but that will be after i get fed up with NWN 2 (so 1 to 3 weeks, but after that my prom comes so consider at least a month :D)
Now i'm a quite imaginative guy, so whatever i suggest, don't get it too seriously except it is in some way possible happy
Here are my first questions/suggestions:

1. When i played Diablo (maybe 2-3 years ago), when you kill diablo, you cant loot the stuff it drops, cause the cutscene comes and game finishes. Is Diablo lootable now, and if it's not, is it possible to be?
2. I see you've done quite some balance changes, as introducing some stuff. How about some interface changes? I don't know what exactly i mean but i'm sure someone is pissed of with those happy
3. Is it possible to steal the merchant design from Diablo 2 and implement it here somehow, only in simpler way probably that will fit Diablo.
4. Are the pictures in the guide gonna be implented? I didn't quite get that part. If they are then - wow, you should license this biggrin
5. It's a pity you don't know how the quests work, extending/changing the story line or even creating a new one would be great.

I'll think of more don't worry biggrin

P.S. I'll probably forget the link so this goes in Bookmarks (why am i writing this?)

Mordor Date: Fr, 2008-04-25, 19:00 | Message # 77
Full Plate
Poseidon, well hello to you. I like people who are struck by creativity and I like that introduction of yourself.

1. It's been implemented (long ago)
2. Before changing something, I have to be sure it will IMPROVE the game. Regarding interface.. well, I'm ok with what it is now. Some people have attempted to improve it, but didn't come up with something better than the original
3. Probably, if I had source code smile
4. They are the product of mine and San40's mutual work. And I don't understand what means "are they gonna be implemented?"
5. Yes, agree. It's a pity smile (see answer #3 by the way wink )

Poseidon Date: Fr, 2008-04-25, 19:27 | Message # 78
Studded Leather
Regarding 3. I mean are they gonna be implemented as in are they gonna be converted into 3D models and put into the game instead of the default ones (well that's quite a request isn't it).
And some other is stuff i stumbled upon in my mind:
1. AS i remember you can throw stuff around in town, and when you exit and enter again it's still there. That's useful, but i'd still prefer something to put them into (yh i mean the stash from D2). I don't mind even if it is a barrel... (Oh wait i saw a screenshot where a girl was stashing... Forget what i said.)
2. Gold... is it hard to make it stackable to more than 10000 really? And i mean, does it really have to be an item... (Have in mind that i have no idea how is this code working or how is stuff created.)

That's it for now, if you're living in Russia then i assume it's 18/9:25 there, but i'll have to wish a good night (i have kinda reversed lifestyle day-night and night-day, i'm like a vampire without the need of blood).

Frinta Date: Fr, 2008-04-25, 21:48 | Message # 79
Studded Leather
well... mordor.... the kill counters... you know when you hover your mouse over the monsters and it tells you how many of them you've killed? when you kill 15, it tells you a little about the resistances? and kill 30 and it tells you their hp?

Would it be possible to code something interesting if you killed alot more, like 100 or 500 of them?
Would that even be possible... because the kill count sort of resets when you make a new game or quit doesn't it? sad

Regarding 3. I mean are they gonna be implemented as in are they gonna be converted into 3D models and put into the game instead of the default ones (well that's quite a request isn't it)
I don't understand you either... sad

Добавлено (25.04.2008, 21:48)
---------------------------------------------

2. Gold... is it hard to make it stackable to more than 10000 really? And i mean, does it really have to be an item... (Have in mind that i have no idea how is this code working or how is stuff created.)

first question in the faq :P

Q: How many GP's can I put into one slot?
A: 50 000.

Jarulf's Guide Online

Mordor Date: Fr, 2008-04-25, 21:54 | Message # 80
Full Plate
Frinta, please before you ask questions make sure that they come from your play experience, and I'm not talking about Diablo or Hellfire. You're asking something you wouldn't if you played.

Poseidon,
gold can be an item with no problem because it's easy to trade it this way and also I don't like rewriting big chunks of code for doubtful outcome (as if I could, with the gold)))

and animations won't be implemented as they appear in the Guide. If we start working with professional model creation tools like Maya or 3DSMAX then it will be possible. But for now, I got other things scheduled (To Do list)

Koven Date: Sa, 2008-04-26, 20:38 | Message # 81
Studded Leather
My suggestion isn't going to please to everybody, but I'll say directly : according to me, there is a huge balance problem at the beginning of the Purgatory mode.
My characters got stuck (melee characters in fact, I don't have any problems with others or even with a mag specialized assassin), even with good equipment (by stuck, I don't want to mean I can't progress because of the difficulty, but rather covered with mud in a very slow progression).
I explain : at lvl 32 or 33 you can't reasonably rely on levels (very long, especially with average items) to gain attribute points, that it becomes an issue to wear good equipments. The *only* solution to progress quickly is to do Shrines runs (that is really boring, I even shouldn't mention it). I know what you're going to say me "you don't have to do shrines runs if you find it boring". Well, but between choosing a hard way to progress, very laborious and another one which allows to gain free points quite easily, you can't afford to choose the first one. At each run, thats is to say, seeking all shrines in levels 5 to 8, you gain 2 or 3 attributes points (and sometimes more with a bit luck : Oily Shrine which adds 2 points for example). Practically the equivalent of one level gained in few minutes, in doing nothing. I'd add that characters who have the Teleport spell have an absurd advantage and even can do Shrines runs a lot faster.

To resume : shrines runs are practically required to build up his character, and it spoils the fun of the game. I have a (radical) solution to counter that : purely and simply delete all shrines which give points attribute. To compensate, elixirs rate drop should be increased a little. The good points of this : no more runs required, more randomness. You have to fight monsters if you want to progress : pleasure to play the game properly. That makes sense for me.

Cryptic Shrine : the one which casts Fiery Nova, what's the use of this ? Maybe it could be replaced with another shrine which allows faster life or mana regeneration during some minutes or the entire level, if such an effect is possible.

Edited by Koven - Sa, 2008-04-26, 20:40

oli25 Date: Su, 2008-04-27, 01:28 | Message # 82
Ring Mail
Посты: 110
Monsters on doom should give more exp. Especially in Hell, Abyss and Crypts.

Mordor Date: Su, 2008-04-27, 22:24 | Message # 83
Full Plate
Koven,
you sound like if you're planning to progress through the game as you would in D2 1.09, it's supposed to be that hard. If you don't want to agree, make a screenshot of your melee player and describe where (s)he got stuck.

More stats from monsters' elixir drops vs shrines' stat gifts <- that makes sense. I'll think about it carefully.

oli25,
true, Doom mode could give a bit more XP, I'll see what I can do with that. If the values won't wrap around the formulas could be updated.

Koven Date: Su, 2008-04-27, 22:57 | Message # 84
Studded Leather
I wasn't complaining about difficulty, but rather on the only method to surpass this difficulty : shrines runs. Like you said "more stats from monsters' elixir drops vs shrines' stat gifts" is a simple solution which could solve that.

Mordor Date: Tu, 2008-04-29, 13:48 | Message # 85
Full Plate
Maximum AC you need at the beginning of Purgatory mode is 95. If you have Extra AC vs Undead, this value is 10 points less.

By the end of Purgatory you'll need AC of about 200. Which is possible to have if you're able to wear chain armors. And wearing a chain is usually possible by the time you're in the middle Caves on Purgatory.

Maximum AC needed by the end of Doom is about 300 for CLVL 50, and ~320 for CLVL 40 players. And maybe around 344-364 AC needed to fight Uber Diablo with the best protection. That's where you need a lot AC indeed.

I don't see a problem with AC here. Unless, you're trying to equip a plate before you reach the end of Cathedral on Doom..

Koven Date: Tu, 2008-04-29, 22:35 | Message # 86
Studded Leather
A book can be read even if the max SLVL is reached instead of being red (bug ?)

I can understand that the ability to run in dungeons is disabled to preserve balance of the game and the atmosphere of overwhelming danger. But in town, why do we have to endure that ? Yes, all NPC are near the fountain, and Adria no longer is far from the town. But still, it's simply a torture. This feature was one of the greatest change of Hellfire imo.

As far as I know, there are no unique items with faster life/mana regeneration bonuses. It's technically feasible, so, why not ?

Mordor Date: Tu, 2008-04-29, 23:58 | Message # 87
Full Plate
Quote (Koven)
A book can be read even if the max SLVL is reached instead of being red (bug ?)

Diablo default set. I'll try to fix it.

Quote (Koven)
the ability to run

I knew this would cause debates. And I had to make this tough decision. IMO, it kills something about the atmosphere and I can't stand running in town at gut level.

Quote (Koven)
As far as I know, there are no unique items with faster life/mana regeneration bonuses. It's technically feasible, so, why not ?

damn right, but regeneration rate is already quite fast as it is. probably, it would have to be lowered before implementing such feats

Poseidon Date: We, 2008-04-30, 02:12 | Message # 88
Studded Leather
I don't recall item sets in Diablo.
Do you plan on creating such?

Mordor Date: We, 2008-04-30, 02:14 | Message # 89
Full Plate
No, I don't see a reason why I'd be narrowing uniques to sets. Without them, it's more fun to balance the feats by swapping items.

Poseidon Date: We, 2008-04-30, 03:26 | Message # 90
Studded Leather
I'm sorry, my posts are one after another, but ideas just pop up in my mind from time to time biggrin
As you need different type of damage for different levels, have you been thinking about item swapping. Like in Diablo 2: LoD.
It'll be really useful, if it can be implented, but i presume it's not that easy... i don't know...

Edit: After a whole day of downloading (my i-net sucks through the day), i finally managed to install the game (you should think of an installer for future). So here are my first impressions/suggestions/questions:

1. The Butcher quest is random. What i mean from 4 times i played Level 1, the guy with the quest was there twice. Whenever the guy gave you the quest the room and the butcher were generated, whenever the NPC was not even there, the butcher didn't exist in the level. First time i met the Butcher i was CLVL 3, and i didn't save for some time, so he slashed me once... and start over... Second time i confronted him i was CLVL5 and i had 20AC and -9 DFE. He was killing me in 2 blows, but what actually worried me that he had 9200 Life o_O.
2. Characters with small or no magic in the beginning have problems with traveling to town. Book of town portal drops pretty often, but for my gladiator 35 magic is outrageous, that means spend 7 lvls in magic only. And a relict of Town Portal costs 300 gold, which is quite problem in the beginning. I offer reducing the required magic for the tome to 15 or 20.
3. If you right click on blacksmith oil, or town portal or identify, it expects you to click on some place/item. If in the same time you click another potion you lose the previously clicked item.
4. In SP you're able to enter Purgatory withouth completing Horror. I don't know about Doom, i accidentally clicked on Purgatory and it allowed me to enter.
5. It'll be good idea to create guide on Shrines...
6. Although people should know the spots of NPC's, i still don't get why Auto-Map is disabled in town.
7. Is the only way to replay a DLVL by starting a new game? I mean if you want to replay DLVL10 you'll have to go all the way through...
8. Maybe change the background in inventory to blue, rather than red. Hardcore D2 players(i'm not one of them, i've only had 1 patriarch, and it still was mischieving for me) easily get confused if they can actually wear the item, when the background is red...
9. I believe complaining about the teleporting bosses is not of much use happy

Otherwise i like the mod. I god a unique bangle (Soul something) on DLVL2 i believe, so DLVLS 2 and 3 are easy for me without replaying. I did replay DLVL1 3 or 4 times though...

Edited by Poseidon - We, 2008-04-30, 09:51

Mordor Date: We, 2008-04-30, 13:20 | Message # 91
Full Plate
Quote (Poseidon)
have you been thinking about item swapping

yes, but without success. blizzard made hotkeys for spells if you need to switch between 2 or 3 quick, but they didn't do so for weapons although the difference in damage is almost the same for non- and resistant creatures

Quote (Poseidon)
you should think of an installer for future

I'm no expert in this area dry

Quote (Poseidon)
The Butcher

don't even try him till the end of catacombs, or to be more realistic, till mid Hell levels.

Quote (Poseidon)
Characters with small or no magic in the beginning have problems with traveling to town. Book of town portal drops pretty often, but for my gladiator 35 magic is outrageous, that means spend 7 lvls in magic only. And a relict of Town Portal costs 300 gold, which is quite problem in the beginning. I offer reducing the required magic for the tome to 15 or 20

It's all done pretty nice. You don't have to spend much for MAG. 5 points is more than enough to start using TP relicts... which drop way more often than TP books. If you're playing well enough, you won't need buying those for extra town runs. This is IMO very well balanced area of the game. If you still want a TP book read, then think about collecting some +MAG items - it won't take long til you get the necessary 30 points.

Quote (Poseidon)
If you right click on blacksmith oil, or town portal or identify, it expects you to click on some place/item. If in the same time you click another potion you lose the previously clicked item

I'm not familiar with those deep patterns of item functionality. Nothing I can do with that. Yet.

Quote (Poseidon)
you're able to enter Purgatory withouth completing Horror

Exactly! It doesn't mean you'll last there for more than a second though. It just lets you sneak ahead to see what is waiting for you in the real underworlds. Horror mode is just an introduction of difficulty. Know that.

Quote (Poseidon)
It'll be good idea to create guide on Shrines

There are NO negative shrines in TH. Use them freely.

Quote (Poseidon)
why Auto-Map is disabled in town

In Diablo I it has never been otherwise.

Quote (Poseidon)
Is the only way to replay a DLVL by starting a new game?

Yes, start new game, but there are entrances to each location (each of which consists of 4 levels) in Town. Also, the popularity, color scheme, item drops and architecture of the same DLVL varies from time to time. They are never the same.

Quote (Poseidon)
change the background in inventory to blue

Disagree

Quote (Poseidon)
I believe complaining about the teleporting bosses is not of much use

What do you mean?

Quote (Poseidon)
I did replay DLVL1 3 or 4 times though...

Why? For extra XP or drop with nice feats?

Poseidon Date: We, 2008-04-30, 14:46 | Message # 92
Studded Leather
Quote (Mordor)
Quote (Poseidon) you should think of an installer for future

I'm no expert in this area dry

I do know how to create a simple installer. I can create a sample install and test it, although it will work more like a .rar. It just gets all the files from a folder and puts them into an .exe. You can of course modify some of it's features. It creates an own uninstall program, and links the folders with the registry somehow. Of course it has to be all of the files (including Hellfire itself). I do not know how to create a patcher though (to implement only the new files with every patch, OR try to update via internet.)

Quote (Mordor)
Quote (Poseidon) change the background in inventory to blue

Disagree

Umm... Why?

Quote (Mordor)
Quote (Poseidon) I believe complaining about the teleporting bosses is not of much use

What do you mean?

Well the guys are pretty nasty, you can only attempt to hit em once before they teleport again, and they have quite nice regeneration. So it takes quite a while for a melee character. Maybe i'm wrong, it's my first try...

Quote (Mordor)
Quote (Poseidon) I did replay DLVL1 3 or 4 times though...

Why? For extra XP or drop with nice feats?

Well for some XP yeah, and the first time i killed the 2 bosses they dropped 2 bows dry
I can't proceed with no equipment (i tried a bunch of skeletons just stampeded me biggrin )

I'll try the installer thing, but it'll be huge (it has to include the .mpq files as well) and will test it out. If it works fine, i'll see what can i do about creating The Hell as a standalone expansion (not as a mod for Hellfire) smile
I believe as we don't have any commercial purpose, we won't have any legal issues about it.

Mordor Date: We, 2008-04-30, 15:03 | Message # 93
Full Plate
Ermm, no no no. I WANT to position TheHell as a MOD for Hellfire actually.

You can create (as people do sometimes) a torrent that includes ALL files (Diablo + Hellfire + The Hell), but I think it's going to be huge and second, I think it's better to create a MOD bundle after all. Legal issues? I don't know about that, but if continue with this, you will be the one in charge, agree? wink

"Teleporting bosses"
I mean who are they? I don't know any teleporting bosses in The Hell wacko

Quote (Poseidon)
background in inventory to blue

I don't like this blue color, it will look ugly. I tried all sort of things with menu. What we have in Diablo is the best solution probably. And items are shown as red when they can't be worn, that's more than enough.

I think, dexterity is the most important stat a Gladiator should start investing in at the beginning. After raising the actual ToHit% to about 50%, he can concentrate on Strength. Later on, ToHit will get improved from various weapons and jewelry. By the end of Horror mode, ToHit of 150% will give the best possible chance to hit the hardest monsters. With Fury activated, you'll have ToHit of 100% enough for this purpose.

Poseidon Date: We, 2008-04-30, 16:14 | Message # 94
Studded Leather
Quote (Mordor)
You can create (as people do sometimes) a torrent that includes ALL files (Diablo + Hellfire + The Hell), but I think it's going to be huge and second, I think it's better to create a MOD bundle after all. Legal issues? I don't know about that, but if continue with this, you will be the one in charge, agree?

Yeah sure, after all i take the initiative. Why would you need Diablo in the torrent if Hellfire is a standalone expansion. If someone wants pure Diablo he can always download it separately (or buy it, it's 10 pounds here, the strange thing is that Diablo 2 is also 10 pounds wacko ).

There is another thing that worries me though:
You have ideas about expanding the game (enchancing gameplay).
I have ideas about the forum and the installer.
But... i think we don't have large enough community... I mean it's good to do something for the experience, or the pleasure of creating something yourself, but some fans is always good smile

The other thing is, that i only talk, it's time to do some practical - if only i weren't that lazy. And come on people we're not doing a dialogue here, someone else say something biggrin

Edited by Poseidon - We, 2008-04-30, 16:14

Mordor Date: We, 2008-04-30, 16:36 | Message # 95
Full Plate
Quote (Poseidon)
i think we don't have large enough community

the majority of people do what shepperd says. if Blizzard says D2 is new, better looking and better balanced than D1, they believe that. And play it. Personally, I have attempted playing D2 dozen of times already. It always left me feeling sick about it. Everytime I quit playing it I go like: "Holy shit! What a crap!" That's all I feel about it.

So, people that prefer the first to sequel are in minority. I don't feel like going out enlisting everyone to TH community. Numbers are needed for those who make money on the project. Since I don't, it doesn't really matter to me. But I'd feel better if number of opinions and various reports was somewhat bigger.

Koven Date: We, 2008-04-30, 20:56 | Message # 96
Studded Leather
Quote (Poseidon)

Well the guys are pretty nasty, you can only attempt to hit em once before they teleport again, and they have quite nice regeneration. So it takes quite a while for a melee character. Maybe i'm wrong, it's my first try...

I agree with him. When I play a melee character I tend to avoid sorcerors. The only one effective way to get rid of them is to use the corner, they can't teleport elsewhere but it's really time costly. I remember that in one of your messages Mordor, you wanted to weaken them (in decreasing their chance to teleport or in making them vulnerable during more frames when they try to teleport). Did you change your mind ?

Mordor Date: We, 2008-04-30, 21:29 | Message # 97
Full Plate
Many monsters have similar habits.

- Ravagers retreat to eat up corpses when their HP drop below 50%, and they heal this way VERY fast;
- Illusion weavers regenerate fast and are stunned whenever they're hit (regardless of damage), they have increased hit recovery speed and thus faster turn into flee... which gives them full immunity to all attacks til they stop retreating, often one retreated Weaver gets replaced by another, which is at full HP;
- Gloom clan archers almost always start retreating before you even approach them, and their damage is unresisted (although CTH affected by AC and Evasion);
- Quasits, Blood legion & Warping demons are placed in one of the tiles near you if they get stunned by you, the tile is random. They are the worst enemy type for Scouts, especially when encountered in large groups;
- Magistrate & Dark mages behave the same as in original Hellfire, it's just that their damage is balanced better, is no longer weak and their Flash DOES damage that can't be called neglectible.

If a melee character has a decent damage, the Mages will perish quite fast. I have tested it a lot and I don't think that Mage type monsters are much harder for melee players than other ranged attackers.

Poseidon Date: Th, 2008-05-01, 11:00 | Message # 98
Studded Leather
Some more things i encountered tonight while i was playing:

1. When you deliver the Magic Rock to Griswold he gives you a Unique Axe. (it's not random drop, it's always this, maybe each character gets different item, i don't know). But whenever i start a new game with this axe, it morphes, not into a different item, but into an axe with the same name as my unique bangle - Soul Haven, and basically gives the same feats (+AC, +Life -1 DFE, -50% ranged). The problem is that it gives +0 AC, +0 Life, -0 DFE and -50% ranged. Somehow it copies the Soul Haven feats, and negates them. And it always does it, I tried it 3-4 times. I haven't tried stashing it , but it doesn't matter if the axe is equipped or not.
2. Does Fury have Level 2? You can find books about it...
3. Whenever you cancel an action from potion or relict, you lose it. Example - Town Portal relic, right click to use it. If you don't click on a place to open the portal, but do something else you lose the item. I guess i already said that, but i just found out that whatever you do you lose the item if you don't use it. If it's not fixable for now, i recommend putting it on the guide or something...

I think i got something else as well, but i'll think on my way to college, and edit the post from there if i encounter something biggrin

Edit: I think i figured out the problem described in number 3. This happens because the relict/potion disappears when the item is right clicked. If it is possible, make the item to disappear after the use is applied (not as soon as it is right-clicked), then canceling the use won't destroy the item.

Edited by Poseidon - Th, 2008-05-01, 12:13

Mordor Date: Th, 2008-05-01, 13:04 | Message # 99
Full Plate
1. This is called 'Item morphing', applies only to uniques, received from completing the quests in SinglePlayer. See TO DO list.

2. Don't know. Gotta look up the code.

3. This is an interesting suggestion. I understand what you mean. I don't know where that code might be, but I'll put this on my wishlist right now.

BTW, have you ever had experience with ASM?

Koven Date: Th, 2008-05-01, 16:57 | Message # 100
Studded Leather
Characters walk slower in town than in dungeons (!). It could be acceptable if walking speeds were the same (in the good direction of course).

Diablo: The Hell - forums » The Hell forum [ENG] » Hellforge » Suggestions
  • Страница 2 из 3
  • «
  • »
Поиск:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024 Хостинг от uCoz