Th, 2024-04-25, 13:10
Diablo: The Hell
Приветствую Вас Новичок | RSS
Главная | English ? O.o - Diablo: The Hell - forums | Регистрация | Вход
[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 1 из 1
Diablo: The Hell - forums » The Hell forum [ENG] » Evergloom Inn » English ? O.o
English ? O.o
Bipe Date: Tu, 2008-01-15, 21:46 | Message # 1
Robe
Посты: 12
Замечания: 0%
Статус: Offline
can u pls make lang choice for forum, i can't read Cyrillic, and everything here is in Russian (which i maybe could somehow understand if written in Latin, because i'm from Croatia smile )

thx m8 smile

Mordor Date: Tu, 2008-01-15, 23:13 | Message # 2
Full Plate
Посты: 4692
Making this board more comprehensable for english-speaking ppl is a part of the plan.

By this moment, I have been able to substitute some buttons with english words, but it seems that a lot of info has yet to be predicted sad as not all of the buttons can be modified.

This makes me thinking about creating a separate forum, completely on english. No idea where it might be hosted though smile Any ideas where to host it? I'd be happy to create it and praps later someone would even become a moderator on it. Like here on russian board.

FRESHMEAT Date: Tu, 2008-01-15, 23:45 | Message # 3
Leather Armor
Посты: 15
There is that php forum thing. Don't know too much about it but I have seen a few forums that use it. (One that comes to mind would be Diablo evolution 1 and 2 wink )

Mordor Date: Fr, 2008-01-18, 11:23 | Message # 4
Full Plate
no no no, I mean I need a free hosting service that allows creating forum there.

TheDark files are hosted on xs4all.nl, but it's on Dutch and I don't understand a heck there

Guys, if someone knows about such hosting on English language, let me know. I'll create TH forum there

Bipe Date: Sa, 2008-01-19, 03:37 | Message # 5
Robe
i can offer u subdomain on my website (gathering-team.hr), got 5gb host and don't know what to do with that much space smile

Mordor Date: Sa, 2008-01-19, 03:41 | Message # 6
Full Plate
That would require knowledge of how to create sites without easy tools like here. If yes, then I wont be able to create it there.

Bipe Date: Sa, 2008-01-19, 03:45 | Message # 7
Robe
considering forum installation, piece of cake smile can get it up and running in no time smile

Mordor Date: Sa, 2008-01-19, 12:20 | Message # 8
Full Plate
can you create the copy of this forum with fully english interface? I'm asking because I can't.

Bipe Date: Sa, 2008-01-19, 16:11 | Message # 9
Robe
that would be a bit problem, because i don't know what kind of forum is this. ask at their support can it be transformed to phpBB or SMF

Mordor Date: Mn, 2008-01-21, 01:43 | Message # 10
Full Plate
no reply from them dry

Pyriel Date: Mn, 2008-02-04, 03:35 | Message # 11
Robe
Quote (Bipe)
can u pls make lang choice for forum, i can't read Cyrillic, and everything here is in Russian (which i maybe could somehow understand if written in Latin, because i'm from Croatia smile )

I fully agree... my native language is polish, so i could easily understand russian part of forum, but reading cyrillic is a bit hard for me.

Arcane powers brings destruction.

Mordor Date: Mn, 2008-02-04, 08:45 | Message # 12
Full Plate
afaik, there's no lang choice here. but I tend to make ALL of the language here in english. i'm sure that it's way easier for russians to learn a few words in english than for all of the world to learn all the words in russian))

i believe i have translated most of the forum into english already, but if there is something I left, I'd like to know specifically.

Zenda Date: Th, 2008-02-07, 18:22 | Message # 13
Robe
Посты: 10
Замечания: 20%
The problem is not the Russian forum, but the Russian posts.

Mordor Date: Th, 2008-02-07, 19:42 | Message # 14
Full Plate
What's that supposed to mean?..

Zenda Date: Fr, 2008-02-08, 16:32 | Message # 15
Robe
Посты: 10
Замечания: 20%
With 225 English posts against 1397 Russian posts, this forum is not as useful to the modding community as it could be.

Mordor Date: Fr, 2008-02-08, 17:07 | Message # 16
Full Plate
oh. got it. actually, I didn't want it this way. but many here dont understand the language. nothing I can do with it. they just can talk it. I have a plans on drastically improving the influence of the english part of this board though.

Frinta Date: Mn, 2008-04-21, 02:38 | Message # 17
Studded Leather
Посты: 39
HELL NO

get a new forum!

Jarulf's Guide Online

Edited by Frinta - Mn, 2008-04-21, 02:39

Mordor Date: Mn, 2008-04-21, 02:50 | Message # 18
Full Plate
show me where I can find a free hoster with no ADs and it will be done

Frinta Date: Mn, 2008-04-21, 05:43 | Message # 19
Studded Leather
Посты: 39
me:
show me where I can find a free hoster with no ADs and it will be done

me:
you there?
me:
meow
not me says:
a hoster?
me:
he wants to host a forums in english
not me says:
without ads? well...dream on :P
me:
sad

sorry mordor cry

Jarulf's Guide Online

Mordor Date: Mn, 2008-04-21, 11:59 | Message # 20
Full Plate
the mod is free. at least, now.

english forum with lots of signs on russian is pretty sucky. I understand that.

but this hoster here provides the service for free and at the same time has almost no ADs.

if I don't find english hoster on the same terms, there will be no other forum.

on the other hand, I can charge everyone 3 Euro for every update and create a normal forum and a homepage.

Poseidon Date: We, 2008-04-30, 03:36 | Message # 21
Studded Leather
Посты: 43
Quote (Mordor)
there's no lang choice here.

Well there is a language option for the whole forum in the Administration menu. I found it when i was testing the hosting. I actually posted that in my post here, but as it was an edit to other mine post, i guess you've missed it.
The best online forum host is FreeForums but alas, i don't know if they have ads.
The other best thing to do, it to host it on your computer, but you need a Static IP for that. If you have a Static IP then i can help there a lot as i did that before. But for that, you'll need a computer that is 24/7 online, and preferably it's not used for anything else.
You should think of a donation option, so you can get a minimum XP requirements PC and host it there. You have a total control on everything, and it's not dependant on anything else. For now you can check FreeForums. At least they have the normal phpBB base...

Edited by Poseidon - We, 2008-04-30, 03:37

Mordor Date: We, 2008-04-30, 11:56 | Message # 22
Full Plate
Donations is an option, but not to buy a PC to host a forum on.

I've registered on freefroums. It has ads ofcourse, but I don't see them because I got FireFox + AD Block plugin :P I'd recommend it to everyone. IE sucks so much... :\

The link to potentially new "foe room":
http://thehellmod.freeforums.org/

I would really prefer to make you an admin there and continue in this direction smile

Poseidon Date: Mn, 2008-05-05, 17:46 | Message # 23
Studded Leather
Ok i played a bit with freeforums.org
The customization is great, and i don't see any ads with Opera (greatest browser probably).
I put the GW red theme i was talking about.
The Guild Wars Logo is easily replacable if someone creates something with the same background color and size (362 x 122 pixels)
There is a community chest (a donation option) which allows users to donate to freeforums.org, from which our forum gets advantages (getting mods, bandwith, maybe a domain)
That's it basically...

P.S. Yeah i almost forgot you can check it out here.

Edited by Poseidon - Mn, 2008-05-05, 17:46

oli25 Date: Mn, 2008-05-05, 19:40 | Message # 24
Ring Mail
Посты: 110
Well I see ads from left to the "Welcome to The Hell Mod. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest..."

Poseidon Date: Mn, 2008-05-05, 20:06 | Message # 25
Studded Leather
Quote (oli25)
Well I see ads from left to the "Welcome to The Hell Mod. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest..."

Yeah but when you create an account they dissapear. Usually there are 2 adds, one above and one below the forums, but alas they disappeared to me (hooray) tongue

Edit: Updates on options:
I believe ads are only shown to guest visitors. Registered users don't see them (at least i don't see them).
Also the community chest donation gives the following options:
1. Domain - for example www.thehellmod.com 15$/year
2. Advance Hosting - Includes FTP access, 50+ gigs disk space, top level domains, and much more. In addition, FreeForums.org offers users Free phpbb & template installation, as well as free database transfering. That is basically what gives you ALL the freedom you want in customization and editing. 5.33$/month (one-year pre-paid needed)
3. Aditional Attachment Space - that's crap, ucoz can be still used for hosting of files, and only the forum can be based on freeforums.org
4. Ad Removal - Remove AdSense ads from your forum for a month 10$/year
5. Copyright Removal - Remove the "Hosted by FreeForums.org" from your forum. That's stupid option. I believe if you get your own domain that will be removed automatically.

What is "Community Chest?:
Any money donated from this page will benefit the forum. This will allow the forum to purchase upgrades (ad-removal, domain name, more space, etc) to improve our forum. Basically the options mention above.

Mods:
1. Karma/Reputation mod
2. Calendar mod
3. Ranks
4. Custom smilies (if you want to change them)
5. Post attachments

I believe it looks great. It just needs some work (change the logo for start), and some initial settings and it can be used, even without upgrades!

Edited by Poseidon - Mn, 2008-05-05, 20:43

the244GL Date: Fr, 2008-07-11, 02:32 | Message # 26
Rags
Посты: 1
so whats the correct forum for english-speaking people now? I had my problems registering here so I hope it wasnt a waste of time :P

Mordor Date: Fr, 2008-07-11, 03:16 | Message # 27
Full Plate
http://diablothehell.freeforums.org/

that one is the right one. I think it will grow more popular within several months. This one took a while before many people started appearing

Mordor Date: We, 2008-07-16, 18:39 | Message # 28
Full Plate
hey what the hell? the other forum gives me message it's removed...

Poseidon, what's going on?

nvm, there was a short downtime, which really surprised me

Diablo: The Hell - forums » The Hell forum [ENG] » Evergloom Inn » English ? O.o
  • Страница 1 из 1
Поиск:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024 Хостинг от uCoz