Th, 2024-04-25, 13:22
Diablo: The Hell
Приветствую Вас Новичок | RSS
Главная | small moddin question - Diablo: The Hell - forums | Регистрация | Вход
[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 1 из 1
Diablo: The Hell - forums » The Hell forum [ENG] » Hellforge » small moddin question (translate code to hex...)
small moddin question
DemonicLove Date: We, 2008-05-07, 03:36 | Message # 1
Robe
Посты: 8
Замечания: 0%
Статус: Offline
Hi, again Mordor. happy I could really use some help. On Gettin code, in the dark mod notes.

For Example move dword ptr and esi. for chaging the skills and, also how to basicly translate and add the

code, to the correct offset in hex work.. Than i can handle the rest of the my little project wink thx in the mean

time!

"Hell is just a step away from eternity"

Mordor Date: We, 2008-05-07, 03:40 | Message # 2
Full Plate
Посты: 4692
Virtual address can be translated to offset by substracting 400C00 from it (use advanced windows calculator in HEX mode for that).

Ask specific question, because I don't understand messed up questions.

DemonicLove Date: Th, 2008-05-08, 19:56 | Message # 3
Robe
Ok srry for the messed up questions, but here is more of a specific question :P.

I need a more specific answer, for example when editing the hellfire exe I need to know how or what there

abrivations mean for one. Like what they stand for!.. srry just want to ((Learn)). Dont get wrong I know about

hex editing but prob is, trying to find the correct offsets to edit or go to!. below is what I dont get --->

1. move dword
2. ptr & esi

also what do i subtract from?? 400C00?

pls help cry

basicly all, I want to do is change the starting skills like in the <Hell Mod>!

Poseidon Date: Th, 2008-05-08, 20:48 | Message # 4
Studded Leather
Посты: 43
A one with enthusiasm for ASM or any other language rather than Basic, is what i find cool you know :P
Have you been thinking on helping the Hell Mod, if you get into the stuff wink ?

Mordor Date: Fr, 2008-05-09, 16:35 | Message # 5
Full Plate
mov dword ptr is one of assembler commands

Type 'ASM commands' or 'asm instructions' in your searchbox. This could help you. BTW, tell me if you fiund something useful.

To view the code, you need a disassembler. Think about Ida Pro 5.2 or W32DASM

To edit exe, use Hexeditor. I use Hex Workshop.

When you find virtual address in your disassembler, it will show your hex offset at the bottom (in w32dasm) OR you can simply substract 400C00 for text segment to get the needed offset. For data segment, use 401600, for raw data - 401000

Starting with easy things is much better. This way you can ease into it faster.

Think about easier things than skill edit. You'll start faster this way.

The most iportant thing is your ultimate purpose. If you tell me what is it that you want in the end, I will have a better understanding of your motives.

My own is creating a very beautifully balanced and fun to play mod, that never gets old or starts to feel too easy. That's what I need all this asm for.

DemonicLove Date: Su, 2008-05-11, 00:54 | Message # 6
Robe
hey again, Srry for the late response. but I was busy messin with linux distros on my cousins, computers.

also, yes I would use my skills I learn to help out in The Hell Mod if needed. happy ...> cool wow, and Mordor Thank you for

the reply well said it helped. Well umm What I ment to do well changing skills, and others stuff like makin diablo have more

hp but kinda make it way more harder then the hell. Not saying the hell is not tough enough, but hey I wanted also to see in

the hell 2 more things

a lvl 17 <uber level> for example all uniques will spawn, and monsters but differ times, and differ items..

last thing more items and graphics for them!.. wink

Mordor Date: Su, 2008-05-11, 03:22 | Message # 7
Full Plate
Join other project or start own from scratch.. personal decision that is. I can only say that people who like playing around with the code are very welcome, since it's the most important area of mod's evolvement.

Creating level 17 could be possible if illusion's project succeeds. Apart from it, everything else is very well doable. I'm sure you could start a thread about your mod in Forge and talking about this whole thing could probably lead us both to new ideas and whatnot. Just a suggestion.

Diablo: The Hell - forums » The Hell forum [ENG] » Hellforge » small moddin question (translate code to hex...)
  • Страница 1 из 1
Поиск:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024 Хостинг от uCoz