We, 2024-04-24, 07:55
Diablo: The Hell
Приветствую Вас Новичок | RSS
Главная | "The Poseidon Works" - Diablo: The Hell - forums | Регистрация | Вход
[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 1 из 1
Diablo: The Hell - forums » The Hell forum [ENG] » Hellforge » "The Poseidon Works" (What i work on.)
"The Poseidon Works"
Poseidon Date: Tu, 2008-05-06, 16:33 | Message # 1
Studded Leather
Посты: 43
Замечания: 0%
Статус: Offline
I decided to move all my scattered ideas into one post so it's easily followable.

1. The Forum. This is the test forum. Once i do everything i can, it may be used as a base for a new forum. If you're visiting as a guest, you'll see a BIG block, saying you're a guest. And it contains ads from Google. Upon registering and Log-In it dissapears. As well as the other ad.
Update: Logo is changed (thanks to Gladoo :P )

2. Installer. Yep i'm working on this at the moment. Instead of installing Diablo and Hellfire, it will be a single installation installing The Hell 1.60g. In future i'll start working on an AutoPatcher. Once you start it, it gets the new version and just applies it, without any help from you :P First version is complete. Total size is 678mb. It contains The Hell 1.60g + Gladiator Animation. I haven't downloaded the music and the Assasin animation. Some screens:
My upload speed cannot overcome 7-8k/s... so i cannot upload it from here, or at least not with this i-net. And because my new i-net is not coming for another month, i'll do it when go i back to Bulgaria, where my power machine with 24mbit is smile (20may-2june)
Update: Today i'll play more with the installer. I'll fit in the new pictures. The installer, will automatically install the Diablo fonts on your PC. Also i downloaded the Asassin GFX and it will be fitted in as well. This will make it a bit larger, because .mpq files cannot be compressed properly. I'll put some screenshot later on (after i finish college).

3. Recruitment. We need all the scattered Diablo/Hellfire fans out there. I ask everyone in this forum to look for E-mails, Skypes, ICQ's, MSN's of these guys if you find any. We need a bigger community, mostly for the opinions and the ideas, and we definitely need a guy working with ASM.

4. Advertisement. Well banners are made for exchange. If someone is happy to exchange banners, or just wants to host The Hell's banner on his/her site, that's welcome. If you have any friends hosting a website, please use them smile
Update: A good idea is to put "The Hell Userbars" created by Barn, in your signature of other forums you're visiting. You can find them here.

That's it for now. I'll be updating the post regularly.

Edited by Poseidon - Th, 2008-05-08, 14:42

Koven Date: We, 2008-05-07, 02:41 | Message # 2
Studded Leather
Посты: 59
Haha, nice to see an enthusiast guy like you.

Poseidon Date: We, 2008-05-07, 04:01 | Message # 3
Studded Leather
In all my life, i saw nothing but failed ideas. The picture you see for my avatar - Atlantis Team, that was a major idea of mine. It was a network of sites which we were hosting in our town's LAN. Basically we were the best in town, we were hosting a Torrent Tracker, a forum, a gallery, a flash games site, and we were developing Atlantis Script (a modified IRC script). All was running perfect until some guys decided they have to ruin everything because i banned advertisements, and they were trying to advertise some of their projects via my site network. So they hacked some of the stuff (they couldn't go through the defenses of the others), one of them somehow got OS rights in the IRC network, and clearly dropped my nickname and channel there. So i was forced to shut down everything until that's cleared. Of course everyone hated them for that, and were pleading me to resume it, but i never did. I still work on the Atlantis Script sometimes, although i spend very little time on IRC now...
My whole life is like this... unfinished ideas and projects, or some not even started. That's why i'm helping here. I see a bunch of guys really devoted to an idea, and i try to maximize it, to perfect it. I just want to see something working... and working great!
Now... less talk, more work - time to upload that installer.

Edited by Poseidon - We, 2008-05-07, 04:02

Gladoo Date: We, 2008-05-07, 04:14 | Message # 4
Leather Armor
Посты: 32
Here ya go, you overachiever you.

Good luck with what you're planning.

[EDIT]: Let me know if you need anything else, I'm not very graphically inclined but I dabble a little.

Edited by Gladoo - We, 2008-05-07, 04:23

barm Date: We, 2008-05-07, 10:34 | Message # 5
Studded Leather
Посты: 47
really HUGE header w/ads. u probably gotta do something w/it.

Poseidon Date: We, 2008-05-07, 10:37 | Message # 6
Studded Leather
Great! If you can slip "The Hell" bit somewhere, it'll be even greater :P
Why do you say you're not graphically inclined, i think i read you did the Gladiator GFX biggrin
Now on the screenshots i provided you can see this picture:

And this picture:

They can be replaced with anything of choice, as long as it is connected do Diablo: The Hell, so imagination comes in handy wink
You may put a little skull in the small square picture. The one that is all over the sites about Diablo...

EDIT: Barn register, and i believe all the ads disappear smile , i'll put this in the main post as well.

Edited by Poseidon - We, 2008-05-07, 10:39

Gladoo Date: We, 2008-05-07, 16:15 | Message # 7
Leather Armor
Yes, I can edit images okay but cannot draw anything if my life depended on it.

Can you explain that last post a little bit, I'm not quite clear what you want. Where do you want "The Hell" put in? In the banner I made? You want the small skull in the small square and anything I want in the big one with the small skull super-imposed into it?

The banner It's a little off center too I'll fix that.

Edited by Gladoo - We, 2008-05-07, 16:18

Poseidon Date: We, 2008-05-07, 18:47 | Message # 8
Studded Leather
Yeah, "The Hell" into the banner you created, if it's possible. Something like it goes a little behind the "Diablo". If it's tough work, leave it.
For the others. Yes the diablo skull that is all over the i-net can be put in the small square.
The bigger picture is used on the left, when the installer is running. The small square picture does not need to be imposed into it, that's just one of the default choices. You can put whatever you like. For example something like small credits. Game by: Mordor, Installer by: Poseidon, Images by: Gladoo and so on. It can be done with the diablo font as well. I don't know, be original wink

Gladoo Date: Th, 2008-05-08, 02:05 | Message # 9
Leather Armor
Okay, I have a few ideas but you'll have to find the skull for me. I've looked all over and I cannot find it, post a link here. Also what format do you want these images in? The banner was a GIF but the last two were BMP's. I usually use JPEG, unless I want animation I'll use GIF.

Poseidon Date: Th, 2008-05-08, 03:20 | Message # 10
Studded Leather
There is absolutely no difference .jpg, .gif, .png, for the logo and the installer they're all the same smile
And the skull - . If you can cut it from here... otherwise i believe it can be found on the main page as well.

Gladoo Date: Th, 2008-05-08, 05:05 | Message # 11
Leather Armor

To be honest, I'll never do better than this. Ask Mordor if you can borrow it from his downloads page and if he agrees I'll change the background color to match your site.

As for the skull image, changing it from almost 500x500 to 55x55 you lose just about all the information and it looks well... I tried the much smaller image from the main page and I cannot tell the difference, about the same crappieness in quality. Unless size doesn't matter here, I'm sure a 100x will look fairly decent, 200x much better.

The last image I picked this one and had to squeeze it a little, I might be able to find something that fits the resolution you need a little better if you don't like it.

Poseidon Date: Th, 2008-05-08, 06:39 | Message # 12
Studded Leather
1.The logo looks fine, at least i like it.

2.The problem is the size does matter... it is a prefixed image the installer puts in the upper-corner, that's why it's not of great importance. I'll try it out...

3. It's a Diablo 2 (or is it...) image, but i think it'll fit for now.

When i update the installer a bit, i'll put screenshots. And one more thing, i believe it was 5 o'clock in the morning over your place, why are you up? biggrin (the fact it's 3 in the morning here is another thing :P)

Edited by Poseidon - Th, 2008-05-08, 10:21

san40 Date: Th, 2008-05-08, 09:21 | Message # 13
Splint Mail
Посты: 510
Guys your ideas are good, I support them. Personally I completely accept a today's forum though I understand all its lacks. I shall try to build in the near future the variant of design of a forum, for a basis likely I shall take Apache. Its main criterion continuity in design with an official site.

Я вернулся... Флудеров ожидает смерть раком

san40 Date: Th, 2008-05-08, 09:48 | Message # 14
Splint Mail
My variant of installer pictures:

Poseidon Date: Th, 2008-05-08, 09:50 | Message # 15
Studded Leather
Well Apache and MySQL will always be the base of the forum (a one custom built). That's what i did before, i was using the xampp package (Apache, MySQL, Perl and something else i forgot, but i didn't use it anyway). But for that you'll need a hosting, and i don't think you can find a free one for that. Of course using an own computer as a server is always a good idea :P

san40 these look nice. Gladoo is working on something as well, he asked me to wait and see :P. Anyway i can't upload the installer for another 10 days so we can wait. Main post is updated. When i get to college, or after it, i'll explain, what the installer exactly does, because some people think it'll mess with the registry.

P.S. If any of you feel like it, you can get something for the background picture as well :P. Size doesn't matter there becauce it "stretches" to screen resolution. So a .png image is best for it.

Edited by Poseidon - Fr, 2008-05-09, 10:33

Gladoo Date: Sa, 2008-05-10, 05:56 | Message # 16
Leather Armor

Well, that was fun. I learned quite a lot making that. Use san40's images if you like them better, I won't be upset biggrin Oh, and the banner is like 350k, if it's too large I can bring it down to like 120k but with some distortion. I figure if anyone is still on dial-up they shouldn't be allowed to have a computer but thats just me lol.

Now I need to finish the gladiator GFX before Mordor gets on me for it heh. Only 700 frames left to go woohoo!

Mordor Date: Sa, 2008-05-10, 12:43 | Message # 17
Full Plate
Посты: 4692
direct links to these images:

Code
http://www.thehellmod.ucoz.ru/Pix/Banner/logodiablo3nc7.gif

Code
http://www.thehellmod.ucoz.ru/Pix/Banner/logodiablo2ug6.gif

Poseidon Date: Sa, 2008-05-10, 15:54 | Message # 18
Studded Leather
That's great! I don't know if the spinning star for the installer is gonna work but i'll try.
After 15 minutes of trying the logo uploaded to the Database. Check it out... It looks cool, but it messed up for some reason.

P.S. Gladoo, is that your cat? I'm so afraid to start new threads you know... biggrin

Gladoo Date: Su, 2008-05-11, 00:12 | Message # 19
Leather Armor

I had to redo the whole thing, colors were off as well and I couldn't stand it. It should be correct this time. No that cat is not mine but I have one just as bad heh.

Добавлено (11.05.2008, 00:12)
---------------------------------------------
Hey Mordor, I don't get what your post three up was for? All the images are direct links.

Mordor Date: Su, 2008-05-11, 00:54 | Message # 20
Full Plate
I thought, they were not direct enough since they were on imageshack

Poseidon Date: Su, 2008-05-11, 02:16 | Message # 21
Studded Leather
Logo fitted.
Pictures are uploaded to the forum database, so a direct link is not needed. I just need it on my PC.
Now there are 2 options of the side images.
First option is it to stay as it is now.
Second option is here.
Also IE, and Seamonkey (which makes me believe Firefox as well) shows a custom cursor in the theme. Opera blocks it though...

I believe that is all i can do about customizing the forum at this point. Further customization would require payment to the site, or a home hosting.

Mordor Date: Su, 2008-05-11, 02:27 | Message # 22
Full Plate
as good as it gets ever

since there are no russian letters on that board to confuse people from other countries, I'm happy with it

if you can make the forum look this way, it's a very nice thing to implement

you need my permission for that? ))

Gladoo Date: Su, 2008-05-11, 04:03 | Message # 23
Leather Armor

Hey Mordor, I made you a banner for the downloads page since I already had all the graphic made.

About linking images, is there a problem with linking to an image on a hosting site (imageshack, photobucket etc.)? I don't know of any other way. Let me know how and I'll do that or I'll stop posting images if its eating up your bandwidth.

Poseidon Date: Su, 2008-05-11, 14:07 | Message # 24
Studded Leather
Well, if we're using the freeforums.org as a base, i'll need admin rights on the domain you chose.
The only drawback is that, we'll have to post all the important stuff from this one.
Or maybe lock all the topics, and put a link to the new forum.
Also there is an option in this forum's admin menu, that the forum page redirects to another one. You can choose that as well.
Now i need to start improving that installer, but i got obsessed with that Lithuanian girl, i just can't stop chat with ther biggrin

Mordor Date: Su, 2008-05-11, 18:29 | Message # 25
Full Plate
I'm having difficulties with giving your administrator rights. I still haven't learnt how to do it :\

lets do it this way: create new board nad name it diablothehell

Gladoo,
awesome stuff! it surely looks better now

Poseidon Date: Su, 2008-05-11, 19:10 | Message # 26
Studded Leather
There you go - Click Me!
Basics are done, outlook, english forum and add-ons built. Ranks can be added later as well.

san40 Date: Su, 2008-05-11, 22:35 | Message # 27
Splint Mail
Header right:

Poseidon Date: Su, 2008-05-11, 23:37 | Message # 28
Studded Leather
This cannot be replaced without access to the core files. And on free service you don't smile

Mordor Date: Mn, 2008-05-12, 00:46 | Message # 29
Full Plate
I'll register, add me to administrator list

steelsoldier Date: Mn, 2008-05-12, 21:17 | Message # 30
Robe
Посты: 13
http://img379.imageshack.us/my.php?image=diablohellfr6.gif
I made the gif file faster and made some effects over gladoo banner

Edited by steelsoldier - Mn, 2008-05-12, 21:18

Mordor Date: Mn, 2008-05-12, 22:15 | Message # 31
Full Plate
I'm afraid it's too cool to be put on TH site, maybe you should contact Blizzard to make it their official logo for Diablo 3?..

steelsoldier Date: Mn, 2008-05-12, 22:25 | Message # 32
Robe
Посты: 13
Sorry if i did something wrong
160kb less, it will improve the loading
http://img397.imageshack.us/my.php?image=diablohelloi9.gif

Edited by steelsoldier - Mn, 2008-05-12, 23:28

Mordor Date: Mn, 2008-05-12, 23:58 | Message # 33
Full Plate
IMO, Gladoo's banner doesn't need improvements. Even if it's about lesser size with decreased quality.
I have written a lot about areas that require help. This one is not one of them.

Diablo: The Hell - forums » The Hell forum [ENG] » Hellforge » "The Poseidon Works" (What i work on.)
  • Страница 1 из 1
Поиск:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024 Хостинг от uCoz