Th, 2024-04-25, 14:37
Diablo: The Hell
Приветствую Вас Новичок | RSS
Главная | Need help in development of the game - Diablo: The Hell - forums | Регистрация | Вход
[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 1 из 1
Diablo: The Hell - forums » The Hell forum [ENG] » Hellforge » Need help in development of the game (details about joining TH team)
Need help in development of the game
Mordor Date: Sa, 2008-04-12, 18:22 | Message # 1
Full Plate
Посты: 4692
Статус: Offline
If you're new here, but already had enough time to like our creation, I'm glad to inform you that the process of development is not going to be stopped.

On April 14th, TheHell mod celebrates its 2nd birthdate! 2 years in development! Think about it.

But let's get to the point now. We need help in development of our project. I believe this game can become more fun than many modern games of a similar genre.

We develop it in several ways:

1) new animation for assassin needed

2) working with sound effects (sfx): smothing out older effects, adding various effects, enhancing, balancing the volume, creating new sound schemes for monsters, players, events, etc.

3) working with the actual code of the game: fixing bugs, improving balance, introducing new features that improve the gameplay, etc. this part is VERY important. people who know ASM, and especially have experience in modding games (especially, if you have been modding Diablo/Hellfire) are of utmost priority! if you're one of them, contact me immediately!

4) other improvements of the game

5) other various help with the site, the forum (moderator needed for english part of the board who can also talk russian, btw), advertising, creating vids, etc. etc.

6) a tutorial needed, something like those illustrated pages on Henjo's website about Diablo & Hellfire or like this one about The Dark mod, it's needed in PDF format or something similar (not 100 files scattered around one folder). The hallmark of this Guide would be illustrations to everything.

If you're willing to take part in developing the game, write here or contact me, and we'll be glad to enlist another member in our squad happy

I'll explain what I can and we'll plan & work together. Don't hesitate to write. It's gonna work out! The only thing really needed is the desire to assist.

Lycanthrope Date: Mn, 2008-04-21, 17:08 | Message # 2
Robe
Посты: 10
Замечания: 0%
I can do some basic work whit sounds. Just provide me whit some resources and directions and ill see what i can come up with.

All these russian letters tend to confuse me abit. Ill try figuring stuff out in time tough

Mordor Date: Tu, 2008-04-22, 01:49 | Message # 3
Full Plate
Lycanthrope, the best thing to do at the moment is to find various sounds suitable to be used as taunts from unique monsters. they should be fitting Diablo atmosphere. sometimes lowering pitch helps a lot. look out for sounds that can be used as taunts. for now, it's the most important thing concerning audio effects of the game.

oli25 Date: Tu, 2008-04-22, 14:10 | Message # 4
Ring Mail
Посты: 110
Maybe blood raves "join my army of the dead" ?

Lycanthrope Date: Tu, 2008-04-22, 18:18 | Message # 5
Robe
Do they have to be a specific format or will wav do?

All these russian letters tend to confuse me abit. Ill try figuring stuff out in time tough

Mordor Date: Tu, 2008-04-22, 18:21 | Message # 6
Full Plate
Quote (Lycanthrope)
will wav do?

the game uses .wav as default. so, it's actually preferrable. but I don't really care about the format. every format can be made into .wav easily.

Quote (oli25)
"join my army of the dead"

I think I have already squeezed everything from Diablo 2 resources. I have even looked through the best Diablo 2 mods and their data in search for something that would fit in.

Lycanthrope Date: Tu, 2008-04-22, 18:44 | Message # 7
Robe
Maybe we could dig up some more sounds that resembles the Warlord of Blood's speech "My blade sings for your blood mortal and by my dark masters it shall not be denied!" or so?

Mordor Date: Tu, 2008-04-22, 19:13 | Message # 8
Full Plate
We could smile Personally, I'm always looking for these things and often thinking about improvements I could do to the game. But 100 people can do 100 times more than 1 man. Or will get the job done 100 times faster.

Look for sounds like that and report everything you find.

And I'm currently busy with spells and balance improvements.

Poseidon Date: Fr, 2008-04-25, 19:15 | Message # 9
Studded Leather
Посты: 43
I'm not a good programmer, or a great "sound engineer". I'm a good DJ tho, but that won't help you.
But about the forums i can do a lot. Like the theme for the example. I worked with theme quite a lot (modifying, not creating new ones - it's a suicide). But if i'm getting into this, it'd take some time to clear my current works out (regular stuff like studies and so...).
I always like to help tho, and i don't mind moderating a forum (as this is not a large one and it's easier to maintain it) but i'm afraid my russian stops at Привет/Здравствуйте, Спасибо and Ни Панимаю.
Anyway, for a start it'll be good to know, is this forum hosted on Apache/MySQL and is phpBB. If it is then i can indeed be in a great help improving it. I can even modify different aspects of it and implement new ones (like for example implement gender into profile or make it show who has birthday today and similar stuff that is actually quite boring, but i'm a weirdo...)
For now i can only offer advice and help. If you need something concerning the forum you're welcome to PM me.
In future i may take the freedom to create a more Diablo like theme, and if you like it you can implement it, tho i'll need someone with at least some skill in Photoshop/Paintshop or something similar, cause all the graphics are quite weirdly implented and need to be editted by someone who know what he's doing (i assume you didn't get that, so simply "I create theme, Mr. X creates/edits graphics for me to put in theme".

Hope i can help smile

Mordor Date: Sa, 2008-04-26, 12:11 | Message # 10
Full Plate
I got such Mr.X who has already created many visuals for the game and the website. The homepage was designed by him.

The first thing that I'd like to change on the board is to change russian symbols to english.

Second, make design more like Diablo-1 style. For example, like this or like this

Poseidon Date: Sa, 2008-04-26, 13:18 | Message # 11
Studded Leather
Well about the changing the russian to english. That's easy enough, but you'll need someone who knows russian.
The forum should have the option to change the language. If english is not supported, well then you'll have to create it...
If it's similar to phpBB, then the forum itself should have a language file, all you need to do is create a similar one for english. If the forum is Online though... i don't know if you have access to the forum core files... and that is what you need basically biggrin
I'll get a phpBB base on my PC and see where exactly was it located, and then i'll see what exactly needs to done.

I haven't seen something stylish in those 2 pages you gave me, except for the buttons. Well the ones on the homepage here, are fine enough, all you need to do is get the diablo font, which is not that hard i believe and change the .html
I believe i can do it, but i need the files/pages containing the buttons...

Now about the forum theme... I recall there was a nice red Guild Wars theme, i believe it's editable enough to convert it to Diablo theme or something. I did this once to convert the blue Guild Wars theme to a Poseidon forum. So i'll see what can i do about it.

Mordor Date: Sa, 2008-04-26, 14:08 | Message # 12
Full Plate
Quote (Poseidon)
changing the russian to english. That's easy enough

I have changed what I could but some signs are some way hardcoded. I mean there no words to translate. That's something beyond my wits.

The forum is online. It was a pre-created sample that I started using.

GW red theme? That sounds nice.

If I can help you to improve this board just tell me how, okay? But first, we gotta do a backup of the whole thing. It's a must.

Poseidon Date: Sa, 2008-04-26, 18:58 | Message # 13
Studded Leather
Ok, let's see now.
1. If you don't have the Diablo font by now, you can get it here.
2. About the sounds, if you're looking for some theme or something you cal always snatch 1 or 2 from LOTR Soundtrack. They have some pretty "dark-mooded" music, if that is comfortable enough (and legality is an issue of course.)
3. I'll get some testing with this forum. I'll register my own so i can see it's build and so.
4. I didn't even think about changing something without a backup happy

EDIT: The Site Language can be changed in the control panel, through Main>Common Setting. I don't know how this will react to the forums using Cyrilic fonts, but assuming the company hosting it is Russian then the Coding should be fine, and non of them should become non-readable (it is a worth a shot).
The Site Design has 31 game designs, none of them related to Diablo (pretty strange o_O). I believe in order to get a new theme, a one supported by UcoZ should be customized via HTML only. And the images for this new theme, has to be hosted somewhere else (which is another complication.) Any other action would require change of hosting...
That is what i got for now, i'll play a bit more with it, see what i can do.

Edited by Poseidon - Sa, 2008-04-26, 19:17

Mordor Date: Sa, 2008-04-26, 19:07 | Message # 14
Full Plate
1. I got it. There's a link to it on TH site btw.
2. Probably, but later.
3. OK
4. Good wink

Poseidon Date: Sa, 2008-04-26, 19:58 | Message # 15
Studded Leather
Just a bit of work i did. Nothing complicated, just changed the Header of this style. And it is not perfect due to lack of skills (it's created on Paint happy ) but it's a start and an idea...

Diablo: The Hell - forums » The Hell forum [ENG] » Hellforge » Need help in development of the game (details about joining TH team)
  • Страница 1 из 1
Поиск:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024 Хостинг от uCoz