Fr, 2024-04-19, 14:22
Diablo: The Hell
Приветствую Вас Новичок | RSS
Главная | Better balance suggestions - Monk - Diablo: The Hell - forums | Регистрация | Вход
[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 1 из 1
Diablo: The Hell - forums » The Hell forum [ENG] » Hellforge » Better balance suggestions - Monk
Better balance suggestions - Monk
Pyriel Date: Tu, 2008-02-26, 20:48 | Message # 1
Robe
Посты: 12
Замечания: 0%
Статус: Offline
I think currently monk is most unbalanced character of all:
1) it uses 2-handed weapon with low damage (max base dmg i've found was 85 - it's less than good 1-handed sword)
2) weapons for monk are extremely hard to get - other classes can use magical swords, bows, axes etc... but magical staves ALWAYS have there a spell, so there's no chance of find magical staff with both options useful in combat for monk - because they tend to have one (or 0) magical options, usually very poor (for example, i've found less than 3 magical staves with dmg bonus higher than +200% since i play this game; never found king's or emperor staff, never found staff with "haste" bonus...); in addition - staves without spells aren't available in shop.
3) only one way to get good weapon is to find unique - which occurs very rarely.

Perhaps it isn't possible to generate staves without spells here, but we can do something:
- increase number of base staves in the game, adding also staves with higher base damage
- increase number of unique staves to increase chance of finding them (for example - 2 types of unique staves with different parameters & name for each one base staff type)

Arcane powers brings destruction.

Koven Date: Tu, 2008-02-26, 21:13 | Message # 2
Studded Leather
Посты: 59
I'm agree with Pyriel, Monk has more difficulties than any other class to find good weapons. Most staves of the game which can be dropped have a magical suffix, generally useless according to me. I wonder if you find it useful, but when I play a Monk or a Sorceror I *never* use them. What do you think about that ?

[+%damage] (Glass or Crystalline in best cases) of [Spell]
Not useful for a monk, because doesn't have a speed bonus and he has to attack quickly to survive. Also, not very interesting for a mage, even with the spell suffix, generally books can be found more easily. Of course those "bonus" spells don't cost mana but it's stressful using it, plus it requires coming back in town to repair it. It can only has a minor utility in rare situations when an important spell is needed for a level when the spellbook isn't available but definitely, not worth using it. It spoils Monk's weapons in rarefying pure combat staves. Moreover, a Sorceror benefits more from wearing a knife + buckler with nice bonuses.
Concerning the Monk, I would say he's the only class who relies on unique weapons to be sure to progress in the game. He doesn't have alternative.
By the way, does Monk have an inherent attack bonus against Demons like in TD ?

Mordor Date: Tu, 2008-02-26, 21:13 | Message # 3
Full Plate
Посты: 4692
unfortunately, adding more base items of "staff" type is possible but will surely cause item morphing.

you're right saying they are hard to find with a suffix other than that of +some spell

in diablo 1.09 I ckearly remember that Adria was selling some staff with a suffix of battle type. it was quickness or something. Perhaps, Illusion will teach me how to do this here, too, if we can find that code there. Item generator should be modified anyway smile Screenshot below:

But it's not that bad actually, Monk's situation can be corrected by giving him higher base damage when wielding staff.

I'm also planning to give him (and Assassins) a critical damage of 4x (instead of standard 2x). This will give them +33% damage on average at Clvl50. Maybe make +100% damage vsDemons into +200% when used by Monk (Monks are supposed to be true Exorcists).

Damage formulas, edited this way could provide better balance for Monks. Just you wait. In the future we will make changes that others never thought possible. Along with a lot better difficulty balance. We really need time (and some help with easy but tedious work).

Koven Date: Tu, 2008-02-26, 21:17 | Message # 4
Studded Leather
Посты: 59
Quote (Mordor)
unfortunately, adding more base items of "staff" type is possible but will surely cause item morphing

I continue thinking (and I'm not the only one) that item morphing doesn't have to be a obstacle for the enhancement of the mod.

Mordor Date: Tu, 2008-02-26, 21:25 | Message # 5
Full Plate
Me too, but the main obstacle is that I (at the moment) can add only 2 base items. Illusion swears god we'll be able to increase their number for as much as we want, I don't understand what he's doing (frankly speaking), but I trust him. And I'm hoping it will be as he says.

It's just that I don't want to cause morphing now by just adding 2 base items. And then again by adding 65000 items more. I prefer doing this once.

oli25 Date: Tu, 2008-02-26, 21:28 | Message # 6
Ring Mail
Посты: 110
Quote (Mordor)
It's just that I don't want to cause morphing now by just adding 2 base items. And then again by adding 65000 items more. I prefer doing this once.

I totally agree smile

Pyriel Date: We, 2008-02-27, 02:51 | Message # 7
Robe
Посты: 12
Quote (Mordor)
in diablo 1.09 I ckearly remember that Adria was selling some staff with a suffix of battle type. it was quickness or something. Perhaps, Illusion will teach me how to do this here, too, if we can find that code there. Item generator should be modified anyway smile

I've played standard hellfire long time ago (yes yes... since i've met the hell nothing else counts...) and there was possiblity to buy "fighter" staves from griswold, and also sell those in griswold's shop (staves with spells were sold / bought in adria, "fighter's" staves - even with "archangel" options - on griswold shop).

Arcane powers brings destruction.

Orachin Date: We, 2008-02-27, 10:52 | Message # 8
Splint Mail
Посты: 394
Pyriel, I would say the same thing about Asassin and Scout smile But monk Is the gimpest sad I've suggested some changes in max. stats of characters, and monk there will have (if of course max. stats will be changed)

str mag dex vit
Pal 250 60 160 180 ==> 200-60-140-250, Paladin is more HPer-tank and less Dex toon.
Scout 120 80 250 130 ==> 140-50-250-140 "Paladin" sounds more magical, this is archeress
Mage 100 250 60 90 ==> 60-250-60-130, mage and 100 str? lol
Monk 160 90 220 170 ==> 190-80-180-190 'n change their +str and lvl damage on staffs and Unarmed formulas.
As 140 150 210 150 ==> Good, but 4x crit dmg is needed
Glad 250 20 120 250 ==> 250-20-160-200 will be better. Gladiator must be more dextrous than Paladin.

Frein Date: Th, 2008-02-28, 03:03 | Message # 9
Robe
Посты: 9
Orachin:

I don't know why the emphasis on str for mages matters. Mag is the only stat that does anything and the others are only for meeting equipment requirements. Allocating points into other stats for that very reason is quite painful, however, I'd imagine being able to just pile all points into the same stat might be too much of an advantage.

By the way, why don't quotes work? I get some error box in Russian that I obviously can't read whenever I click the quote button.

Edited by Frein - Th, 2008-02-28, 03:04

Mordor Date: Th, 2008-02-28, 03:30 | Message # 10
Full Plate
Quote (Frein)
By the way, why don't quotes work? I get some error box in Russian that I obviously can't read whenever I click the quote button.

You have to select the text with mouse, and then hit Quote button. It will quote what you selected

Diablo: The Hell - forums » The Hell forum [ENG] » Hellforge » Better balance suggestions - Monk
  • Страница 1 из 1
Поиск:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024 Хостинг от uCoz