• »
Diablo: The Hell - forums » The Hell forum [ENG] » Hellforge » Bug reports
Bug reports
Mordor Date: We, 2008-01-09, 06:49 | Message # 1
Full Plate
Посты: 4692
Статус: Offline
Report all the bugs and oddities here

Doing so is VERY important, it helps to polish the balance and get rid of all the annoying bugs. The more you report, the faster will the game evolve. It's important and I beg you to do it.

max2034 Date: Fr, 2008-01-11, 12:02 | Message # 2
Rags
Посты: 2
Замечания: 0%
Hi, I'm new here but I play to TH smile

And before reading, I need to let your know that I'm french so my english is a little bit bad! So if you don't understand something then just ask me.

So my bugs are theses:
- Knock Back doesn't "refresh" the hero's radius light (try to bet the butcher by holding Shift, you'll disapear in the dark after too much knock back)
- TownPortal create sometime all the map data (so it create a new dungeon but everything that have been beaten or find is there) and the hero can be stuck on wall...

And this is what I hate:
- Trapped chest on Cave lvl (and more) that kill instantaneously... (I hate this... put my life to 1 or what ever but don't kill me for this!)
- Room that doesn't contain monster (like a shrine room that contain zero monster... Diablo was cool for that smile
(But the randomize of monster must take all monsters in rooms and put them on the map I suppose...)
- Orange and Black for Life and Mana... I think Potions should have been like before... Red and Blue. (or Dark Red and dark blue) and they name too (Mana Potion/ Mana Tinctature)... Same for scroll and relic. Scroll should be for normal spell( like TownPortal,Healing,Identify,etc), Relic should be like the Rune but they explose instantaneously (like Rune on TH) and Rune should be a trap. (like Rune on Hellfire) (Rune could be more powerfull because you cannot choose where you want it)
- Take off the negative bonus on unique item. (Why put some negative bonus? It's enough hard to find one!)

What I would like in the game:
- Drop a little bit the butcher Difficulty (I'm lvl 26 and my friend too... We can go to lvl 12 but we cannot kill him... Good joke!)
- Give more gold at start (So we could buy some (like 1 or 2) weapons or armor to help us to begin... I've remake the church lvl 1 like 20 times before getting something good!)
- Put more trap smile
- Put less archer that run away... (It took me 30 minutes to kill all of them and they do no damage! It's only give frustration!)
- Put more monsters smile
- I've got like 700 000 gold and I don't know what to do with it... Griswold and the little boy don't sell anything good... It could be cool to buy unique Item for a exorbiting price.
- Put the start position on town near Griswold and others.
- Put area restriction on multiplayer (no catacomb, cave or what ever for the average of all hero level in the game for example, because I like to go on hell or crypt to see what awaits us! By the way, it there cannot have level rush)
- Put more choice of shrine (like creating monster in your face, or a boss monster; take a blue weapon in your inventory and put off/or down/or up is magical power; completely change the level, like the Townportal bug, that could be very cool! You'll need to restart the level :P; Put all item durability to 1)
- Put Leoric quest on Catacomb (I like King Leoric!!)
- Put more quest on Multiplayer (I've got only The Butcher for now!)
- Finaly to coolest thing could be to put all area in only one... Like Church/Catacomb/Cave/Hive/Crypt/Hell so every level Area could be just one.

I hope that you will find some good ideas on theses things!

Edited by max2034 - Fr, 2008-01-11, 12:13

Mordor Date: Fr, 2008-01-11, 18:41 | Message # 3
Full Plate
1. can't be fixed at the moment (no one succeeded at this). it's a Diablo legacy so to speak

2. level morph? you gotta be speaking 'bout Catacomb level freakout after going to TP and coming back? I don't know how to fix it and don't know what lies in the root of this. I have made several attempts to find the cause. But I failed.

3. You won't die if you have enough damage absorption and resistance on you.

4. I didn't understand this one

5. no, I like them as they are now

6. negatives help maintain balance and usually are found on items that grant powerful bonuses, thus compensating for boosts

7. he is extremely well balanced on all difficulty modes and will not be made less dangerous.

8. a lot of restarts? doesn't sound good to me. in my own experience I FOUND the best items, didn't BUY them. BTW, 20 restarts, it's abnormal. I didn't have to restart that much. well,m aybe 3 or 4 times. but no more. what's the class you're playing?

9. that is something that I will try to do in the nearest future

10. this must be the old problem of monsters with Goat Archer AI, especially ones that have high Intelligence factor causing them to start retreating before you even approach them. I might lower their IntF, but I'd need to know who you're talking about (what monster(s)..

11. the total amount of monsters in the game? ATM it's impossible. at least, for ME. BTW, why would you want more? what's the reason?

12. simple idea. simple and nice. worth being implemented. I'm also thinking about the amounts of gold found in dungeons and especially on higher difficulty modes. making money more scarce will improve the economical balance, I'm sure

13. I don't like this idea

14. don't know how to do it

15. I'll see what I can do.

16. You'll find the King in Crypt level one. It's a place for the strongest of Undead in the game and Leoric is their King, you'll find him even more challenging than the Butcher perhaps.

17. there's also Diablo, Defiler, Leoric and Uber Diablo (all the quests present in MP Diablo and Hellfire originally)

18. Not sure I really understood that but if I did then you're talking about making all the 24 levels in one location? That will boil ppl's brains out and become boring way too soon. Psychologically ppl need to change the environment from time to time and being always oresent in the same environment for a long period is making ppl feel depressed, or boring. Thus, it doesn't sound too good for me. I would gladly include new area of 4 levels in the game, but that is WAY beyond my capabilities (for now, at least).

max2034 Date: Sa, 2008-01-12, 01:21 | Message # 4
Rags
Посты: 2
4 - Room that doesn't contain monster (like a shrine room that contain zero monster... Diablo was cool for that
(But the randomize of monster must take all monsters in rooms and put them on the map I suppose...)

8 - Give more gold at start (So we could buy some (like 1 or 2) weapons or armor to help us to begin... I've remake the church lvl 1 like 20 times before getting something good!) 10
10 - Put less archer that run away... (It took me 30 minutes to kill all of them and they do no damage! It's only give frustration!)
11 - Put more monsters

For the #4 (Room that doesn't contain monster) I mean, in Diablo, there was a lot of monster in a room with one door and it was completely full of monsters.
It could be cool because sometimes there's absolutly no monster into it.

For the #8 I was playing with a Gladiator and changed to Paladin

For the #10, the Goat Archer, Succubus and all other. (Put IntF same as Imp Rogue, they attack and run away but sometimes they turn back and attack and we can
kill them there.

For the #11, it should be increase with the #4 to balance monster outside rooms and inside.

By the way, your mod is really cool and I hope it's gonna be more with the new version!

Bipe Date: Mn, 2008-01-14, 23:55 | Message # 5
Robe
Посты: 12
first i have to say, great mod!
i had fun trying to kill butcher smile
stash is also great idea

now, i c someone has problems with to much cash, dood, did u c how much one book of e.g. lightning nova costs?
repair of shield i had on my paladin coasted around 20-25000

don't know bout you and your luck while playing church, but i found two unique rings, good armor (for start thou), and lots of good stuff.

now, the bugs i have found (v1.57j RC2):
* gorewhipper sword, chance to hit +65486%

* that's it as far i can rember smile

Mordor Date: Tu, 2008-01-15, 00:04 | Message # 6
Full Plate
it has wrapped around and should be OK when you start new game (or join new MP game). if this problem persists after that, I'd like to know (so that I get some details and can fix it)

Bipe Date: Tu, 2008-01-15, 00:12 | Message # 7
Robe
after entering new mp game, changes to -50, but when i drop it on floor and other player picks it up, shows like that, to other player first, and after he drops it, i see it like that also

Edited by Bipe - Tu, 2008-01-15, 00:13

Mordor Date: Tu, 2008-01-15, 00:34 | Message # 8
Full Plate
hmm, that's no good. I'll have to replace decreased ToHit with something else then. this sword is too powerful to be left without flaws anyway neutral

Bipe Date: Tu, 2008-01-15, 12:16 | Message # 9
Robe
and another one:

shouldn't this be called fiery blast, or whatever fireball is called

Mordor Date: Tu, 2008-01-15, 12:25 | Message # 10
Full Plate
Fiery blast is how the spell called. That spell casts fire ball that deals elemental damage of fire. The ball that deals fire damage is a fireball. Makes sense? wink

Concerning drop bug... I think I know how to dramatically increase randomness of the drop and also decrease the overall drop rate, making drop balance a lot nicer. Good thing you mentioned that.

Bipe Date: Tu, 2008-01-15, 13:56 | Message # 11
Robe
well, i was very surprised when i killed boss on lvl1 and got unique ring that i still use with my lvl 30 paladin smile

Mordor Date: Th, 2008-01-17, 03:54 | Message # 12
Full Plate
Quote (Bipe)
i killed boss on lvl1 and got unique ring that i still use with my lvl 30 paladin

what is this ring??

Bipe Date: Sa, 2008-01-19, 03:34 | Message # 13
Robe
giant's knuckle smile
+24str
17pts to dmg
-2dmg from enemyes
20% chance to double dmg
armor piercing

well, not 100% sure it was dlvl 1, but it was at the very beginning smile

Edited by Bipe - Sa, 2008-01-19, 03:42

Mordor Date: Sa, 2008-01-19, 03:43 | Message # 14
Full Plate
oh, ok then. it's meant to be droppable there.

Jolt76 Date: Su, 2008-01-20, 17:29 | Message # 15
Rags
Посты: 3
I think i noticed a small bug with the witch. when she has a spell book you can learn and you learn it with your max mag and she still has one of the books it will be white like you can learn it even tho you cant.
ex: she has 2 books of healing, you buy one and use with 50 mag and the 2nd book needs 60 mag, if you only have 50mag the book will still be white on list till you buy.

Koven Date: Su, 2008-01-20, 21:42 | Message # 16
Studded Leather
Посты: 59
Quote (The Hell Guide 0.23)
Fury leaves you with 1 Hit Point for 1/20 of a second when it ends, so try not to cast it if you are facing monsters that do magical damage with high update speed: lightning, poison, inferno.

1) This effect doesn't happen when I use Fury. Instead of it, my character loses a lot of HP when the spell ends (like 1/4 or 1/3), but it only occurs if my character has been hit during this span of time. No HP lost if he hadn't receive heavy damages during Fury.
2) When using Fury, if the character leaves the current dungeon level (by a town portal or stairs) before the spell effect ends, then he sees his HP decreased in the new place (like in 1) ). Not important in town, but more grievous in dangerous levels.

Mordor Date: Tu, 2008-01-22, 03:57 | Message # 17
Full Plate
Jolt76, I made note of that.
Koven, it's he way it works, actually. Though, #2 would be better modified so that it doesn't drop life this way. If you enter new location while under fury, upon arriving touch smth. in your inventory and life will get back. I think there's something wrong with inventory support in rage function routine. I don't understand much in that code, but I'll see what I can do.

Koven Date: Tu, 2008-01-22, 07:08 | Message # 18
Studded Leather
1) Does extra VIT from Fury allow to maximize -DFE ? If yes, I think it should be removed, all characters by this way can quite easily have their -DFE maxed life before.

2) Reapers have been met in level 12 of Purgatory mode with 16000+ HP ! I know minions in a pack have extra HP compared to the normal ones, but they should have about 7000/8000 HP. Maybe they gain them progressively because of their boss, but then, in this case, a limit should be exist to avoid this aberration.

3) Blood Knights : their walking speed is completely unbelievable. Were you under psychotropic substances when you modified this ? lol

Edited by Koven - Tu, 2008-01-22, 07:14

Mordor Date: Tu, 2008-01-22, 07:34 | Message # 19
Full Plate
1) Remember I told you that I was thinking about making DFE be based on BaseVIT? That was the reason for that. And it would also make players invest in their vitality and search for vitality elixirs more than look for +VIT items. Yes, currently, casting Fury does make characters' DFE limit go higher for the duration of the spell. Changing this to use BaseVIT instead of CurVIT is a one-byte modification, but honestly I think it would be too easy to maximize DFE this way too. While BaseVIT/2 would already be too restrictive. To make things worse, bringing anbother stat in the formula and linking DFE restriction to that is kindof difficult (for me). Not that I have some brite idea about this too.

2) I'll investigate. Sounds damn high.

3) I took this idea from Awake mod. I thought that Death Guardians move with usual speed (8). And Blood Knights are almost the same type. They have the same timings, damage. The only thing that makes them differ from Death Guardians is being Demons. I thought that level 3 melee monster type should be a bit more dangerous than level 1 meleers. So, I increased their walk speed from 8 to 5. It's only 15% faster than Guardian Prince type in The Dark. And even 25% slower than ravagers. So long as they don't become impossible and stay difficult, it's OK to me.

Mordor Date: Tu, 2008-01-22, 07:59 | Message # 20
Full Plate
I'm afraid I wasn't able to reproduce this bug with reapers. I tested in SP mode. 3 games.

the results of testing is as expected so far:

If I missed something let me know. I thought maybe you played MP, but afaik you play Single only.

Koven Date: Tu, 2008-01-22, 17:03 | Message # 21
Studded Leather
It was in MP with a friend. He also noticed the huge amount of HP which appeared like that on some reapers : 8000/16000. For me, the problem comes from the boss who is able to increase HP of his minions pack, which leads to incredible HP if the boss can't be killed fast.

Mordor Date: We, 2008-01-23, 04:51 | Message # 22
Full Plate
mayhap you didn't kill the boss long after activating him. each of their warcry gives them MLVL*4 hitpoints, and Reaper Boss on Purgatory has a MLVL of about 57, so his every warcry adds them ~200 HP. but to gain extra 8000 hps there would be 40 warcries needed. which would be possible only if the boss wasn't killed for about 10 minutes after getting activated. could theat be the case?

Mordor Date: We, 2008-01-23, 16:20 | Message # 23
Full Plate
There's a list of bugs that were fixed in Diablo version 1.07. And since Hellfire was based on Diablo 1.04, it didn't have those fixes. Many of them could be found in The Hell as well. Actually, I found out something about it. Here's the list with my notes. I also compare to The Dark mod, as I'm familiar with it more than with any other mod of Hellfire.

THE LIST

Visual bugs:

Adria's books appear white now only if a player can read them.
-Must be what Jolt76 reported. Don't know if it's present in TheDark.

Fixed the bug that caused shields to disappear when worn after
wielding two-handed weapons.
-never noticed. Perhaps sword+shield after unequipping axe??? Again, no idea about it.

The casting of a Nova spell is now visible to all nearby players.
-don't know. But I usually saw drx cast nova when we played together.

When in effect, the Mana Shield graphic appears to all players
- never came across this.

Gameplay bugs:

Fixed the bug that froze Lazarus (and made him invulnerable to
arrows and spells) after player had entered his lair, then left
(or died), and finally returned.
-this bug is definetely there! From my experience, it only happens in MP mode and happens when you activate him, then go to town via portal and then come back. He becomes invulnerable and stays so until you approach him like if initiating a dialogue. Then he says his speech again and starts attacking like usual in MP. Never noticed this in TheDark because I never died to Lazarus and never went to town after activating him. Any info on this is welcome. Don't know about Hellfire though.

Allowed right-clicking (casting/drinking) belt items in positions
5 through 8, while the Spellbook is open.
- definetely there! Both in Hellfire, and in TheDark and in TheHell.

Prevented bows with fire-hit damage from interfering with the
behavior of Gargoyle class monsters.
- apart from knowing that elemental arrows are packed with bugs in Diablo, nothing to say. IIRC, it's fixed in TheDark. Not sure tho, cause I didnt find notes on this matter.

Fixed the bug that caused excessive damage when a Mana Shield
expired due to an attack.
-not keeping records of what you're doing is a dumb idea. I didn't keep track of the changes in the beginning and now I don't know if I did something with this. I never noticed such effect in the game though. IIRC, TD had it fixed.

Fixed the bug that caused Mana Shield to become less effective
with increasing spell level.
- present in HF. Fixed in TH and TD.

Fixed bugs that prevented items with the suffixes Thieves,
Speed/Haste, Balance/Stability/Harmony, and Piercing/Bashing/
Puncturing from working properly.
- not sure about this, but from my experience they work normal. All I can say is that speed bonuses of +1 didnt affect players speed. and +3 and 4 worked the same. In TH there are only +2 (speed) and +4 (haste) suffixes that give increased attack rate. From what I remember, JG noticed that Bards (Assassins in TH) gain extra speed from +_4 attack rate, but I cant relate on that. Never tested this. Balance/Stability/Harmony were fixed in Hellfire patch 1.01. Most likely, it all works as intended in TH.

Prevented repeated castings (128 or more) of Mana Shield from
disabling the casting of any more spells.
- never tested this. If anyone can relate on this, I'd listen.

Fixed bug that rarely transformed unique items (like the Optic
Amulet) into some other (usually mundane) item when saving the
game and then starting a new game.
- this thng is the curse of Unique items that come from accomplishing quests. It doesn't happen in Hellfire, but it does happen both in The Dark and in The Hell. By the way, this wasn't the result of copying things from TheDark because quest items would morph in TH versions before 1.00 and I started applying some things from TD only when TH was about 1.15 or so. A simple usage of modmaker program can lead to quest item morphings. All my attempts of fixing this did not succeed. The original Hellfire doesn't have this bug.

Fixed the bug that prevented Rogues from properly disarming traps
on levels 13 through 15.
- no idea about this.

Fixed the Mana Shield bugs that could make a player invulnerable
and/or invisible to other players.
- ditto, no idea.

Prevented players from becoming stuck inside a wall when Town
Portalling down into a dungeon.
- it's there smile I still remember playing with FreshMeat in Crypt levels with all of our items and gold dropped in town and then we both used the portal that led to stucking in the wall smile It happens in Hellfire, in TH, and I dont know about TheDark. The bug happens if there are more than one player in the game and someone sets TP north of the wall that has ground behind it. After returning from town you're there, in the ground smile And then imagine your wingman dropping down and a text hovers on the screen "OMFG!" biggrin

Fixed the freeze upon touching a Hidden Shrine while equipped
with only indestructible items.
- hidden shrine exists in SP mode of TH. And it is possible to have indestructible items on. But I guess it would be damn rare (and you can't overestimate the meaning of the word "rare" here). TheDark surely does NOT have this bug because there are no indestructible items there. Hellfire? I don't know really.

Fixed crashes associated with being attacked or killed by a
Black Death (Zombie class). This includes the crash upon
resurrecting after being killed by a Black Death.
- there are no black death-like maxLife stealing monsters in TheHell and there is no resurrecting in TheHell too smile So, there is no prerequisite for this bug to happen smile

Pleeze pay attention when playing. If you come across something described here let me know.

Koven Date: Sa, 2008-01-26, 03:10 | Message # 24
Studded Leather
Quote (Mordor)
ut to gain extra 8000 hps there would be 40 warcries needed. which would be possible only if the boss wasn't killed for about 10 minutes after getting activated. could theat be the case?

Indeed, it took us a lot of time to kill bosses of the level 12 (unfortunately, they were near the entrance and the exit of the level). Maybe warcries should be limited to avoid these exaggerated situations.

A friend and me tested the 1.57s RC1 version in MP. His scout was able to regenerate but it didn't work with my Gladiator and my Paladin.

Mordor Date: Sa, 2008-01-26, 06:41 | Message # 25
Full Plate
I'll lower the life gain from warcries then. After all, the main benefit of those warcries is that they gain ability to attack without pausing for a short period of time (determined by their IntF).

Strange, i tested regeneration with all character types and it works fine. It also stops after character's killed, too.

Check alone, without other ppl in your game. Maybe it depends on other players? wacko

Koven Date: Tu, 2008-01-29, 02:50 | Message # 26
Studded Leather
If the character is under Mana Shield and casts Fury, then the game crashes immediately when the Fury effect ends.

Mordor Date: Tu, 2008-01-29, 07:18 | Message # 27
Full Plate
MS has to be double (or more) cast for that.

this bug comes from hellfire to russian part of this forum, from there to TD forum, and mostl ikely from TD forum > here))

Mordor Date: We, 2008-01-30, 08:39 | Message # 28
Full Plate
yesterday I noticed that if character has used relict of concentration twice and cast fury after that, the game doesn't crash when fury ends. but current mana drops to zero.

i don't have scrolls of mana shield in TH, but praps, in Hellfire if scroll of MS is used twice or more and then rage is cast then game too won't crash when rage ends?... if true, then the key to solving problem can possibly be found in figuring out the difference between the SPELL of MS and SCROLL of MS.

I'll have to test that in the nearest future

Frein Date: We, 2008-01-30, 23:08 | Message # 29
Robe
Посты: 9
"Fixed the freeze upon touching a Hidden Shrine while equipped
with only indestructible items.
- hidden shrine exists in SP mode of TH. And it is possible to have indestructible items on. But I guess it would be damn rare (and you can't overestimate the meaning of the word "rare" here). TheDark surely does NOT have this bug because there are no indestructible items there. Hellfire? I don't know really."

This is still present, though in my case I touched the shrine naked and caused a crash.

Great mod, though. I'm just wondering if traps are really supposed to be this souped up. I mean, my L12 mage was killed instantly from full HP by an arrow trap in the first level and I was wearing the -50% ranged damage bonus to boot. Also, many arrow traps take out my entire mana shield (150+ mana) in one hit even in the first few levels. Even the barrel bombs used to instantly kill me all the time until I was able to learn Mana Shield.

Also, I'm wondering if Leoric is supposed to be so much harder than his lair. I go in, massacre his buddies and then he runs up to me like a sprinter on steroids and I disintegrate as soon as he touches me. Unless he instantly dies to Inferno like his clones in L4, I don't see how I could ever beat him.

And finally a suggestion to include in your guide: Perhaps you should give some advice to starting mage players, namely the fact that Holy Bolt does not cut it in L4 anymore and that Arcane Star, Inferno and Lightning deal insane damage and players should seek to find those despite everything being at the very least resistant to all of those spells.

Mordor Date: We, 2008-01-30, 23:50 | Message # 30
Full Plate
quite useful info. I'll make notes and will fix this stuff.

Trap damage used to be neglectible (apart from Lite Nova trap) before I boosted their damage. That was a quickfix. I still think that it's better than no damage, but it would be wiser to connect trap damage to DLVL and difficulty. The same thing that I did to burning crosses.

Hidden shrine: I'll test it. Will fix if the problem is there.

Leoric IS supposed to be hard. In fact, he's harder to beat than the butcher. Plan on challenging him when you can cleanse hell levels or abyss. He can be killed with fire pretty easily. But A wisely put firewalls + inferno will do the trick wink

I don't play as a caster class. I prefer scouts or paladins. So, my knowledge of what a Mage should do is sort of limited. But I'll see what can be done.

Frein Date: Th, 2008-01-31, 03:06 | Message # 31
Robe
"I don't play as a caster class. I prefer scouts or paladins. So, my knowledge of what a Mage should do is sort of limited. But I'll see what can be done."

Yeah, well as you probably have noticed if you looked at spell damage formulas, Holy Bolt barely scales up at all. The only way to increase its damage is by leveling up your character and it's only +1 to min and max damage per level. Inferno seems to deal damage incredibly fast, making it one of the strongest spells in the game (so far at least) and it pretty much insta-gibs most things that aren't immune. Arcane Star is also amazing. Lighting is clearly the weakness for teen and early 20s mages unless Chain Lightning is a lot better than vanilla Lightning, which is starting to feel very weak. I just keep forgetting to buy the book for CL so I haven't tried it out yet.

Also, if you're going to write something for new mages, make sure to mention the importance of a Staff of Mana. I completely relied on it until I found this totally sweet unique staff with mana charges on it, which I completely rely on now. Making any money was incredibly difficult until I got it as everything I made was spent on staff recharges and repairs.

In L12 (or it might have been L11) there was a Rogue (invisible blue fallen ones) boss named Shadow(something) right next to the entrance. I killed his minions but he himself seems to be immune to all magic, making him somewhat impossible to beat for a mage. This should probably be changed.

Also, since you mentioned that Leoric is vulnerable to fire, I think I'll try trapping him withing fire walls and roasting him with Inferno. It should work unless he runs through them walls as I have practically unlimited mana. :P

Edited by Frein - Th, 2008-01-31, 03:09

Mordor Date: Th, 2008-01-31, 08:25 | Message # 32
Full Plate
version 1.57v introduced regeneration of ife and mana, it makes mana staves less important

you must be talking about shadowcrow, there are two variations of him: one with f/m/l immunity and SC-vulnerable, and another one with SC immunity and triple resists

Mordor Date: Th, 2008-01-31, 23:49 | Message # 33
Full Plate
Shrine names can be seen again in 1.57v RC4

I was in MP mode, DLVL-4, Assassin, touched a shrine and game crashed with following report:
Exception code: C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION
Fault address: 004257C6 01:000247C6

Please, when you play, pay attention to what are the names of the shrine you are touching. I gotta find the one that causes gamecrash. Looking forward to reports on this matter...

Frein Date: Fr, 2008-02-01, 02:29 | Message # 34
Robe
Since shrine names were hidden, I can't say what the shrine was called, but it's the one that permanently reduces the durability of an item you wear that causes the crash.

Oh and thanks for the tip about Shadowcrow. I faced him (and another triple immune boss) again and beat him with SC. I also killed Leoric and the Butcher, though I wonder why I should keep killing them as they seem to drop random magic items just like any boss. I did get a unique shield off Leoric but I guess I was just lucky as next time he dropped a blue.

By the way, are there any magic based armour past Wizard's Robe in the game? I keep seeing different types of chain and plate with extreme strength and dexterity requirements but no equipment suitable for mages. Helmets seem to all be either strength or dexterity based as well. Is this an intended way to further differentiate mage AC from other classes? I don't really mind as I think mages can manage with crappy armour but that would mean no medium or heavy armour class graphics for mages. sad

Mordor Date: Fr, 2008-02-01, 13:37 | Message # 35
Full Plate
Quote (Frein)
Since shrine names were hidden, I can't say what the shrine was called, but it's the one that permanently reduces the durability of an item you wear that causes the crash.

how do you know if the game crashed? i tested murphy's and hidden shrines today, they didnt cause crash confused

btw, did that happen in Multiplayer game?

Quote (Frein)
I wonder why I should keep killing them as they seem to drop random magic items just like any boss

what did you expect? a unique every time?
Since most quest items turn into pumpkin with new game, I decided that random magical drop is way better. besides, it respects more of the randomness.

Quote (Frein)
magic based armour

they exist, both chain and plate, but they require a lot of MAG

Mordor Date: Fr, 2008-02-01, 16:52 | Message # 36
Full Plate
I was doing a series of tests with shrines. By this moment I have tested ALL shrines in Single-Player with a mage player. None of the shrines gave crash.

Once, long ago, in year 2007, I came across shrine crash when I was playing my Monk in Multiplayer, it happened on floor 6. The next time it happened to me, it was yesterday when I had assassin under my mouse, on floor 4, Multiplayer, too.

That makes me wonder if the bug only occurs in MP mode. I'll sieze my testing for now ('cause it's damn tedious) nad will come back to it later. But the shrines' names can be seen and if anyone runs into gamecrash when touching a shrine, report the bug in all details. I hope to figure out what is causing it.

Frein Date: Fr, 2008-02-01, 18:54 | Message # 37
Robe
" how do you know if the game crashed? i tested murphy's and hidden shrines today, they didnt cause crash confused

btw, did that happen in Multiplayer game? "

I know because I saved before touching it and since I didn't like having my hat reduced to 1/1 durability, I reloaded and tried touching it naked. I later reproduced the bug with another shrine. This was in single player of course. Both were normal shrines, not goat shrines, though one was in L2 I believe and the other one in L5 or 6 (the one with Gharbad the Weak).

Mordor Date: Fr, 2008-02-01, 19:31 | Message # 38
Full Plate
aha..

do you remember the onscreen message from this shrine? what was it:

that which can break will
or
new strength is forged through destruction

Frein Date: Su, 2008-02-03, 02:06 | Message # 39
Robe
Yes, it was the second one.

Добавлено (03.02.2008, 02:06)
---------------------------------------------
I found a new bug concerning the Hydra spell. When I cast Hydra and then switch to my staff spell (in this case, Mana) and cast it once or more, the hydra shots star draining staff charges instead of mana. Switching to another spell fixes it until you cast a spell from your staff again.

Mordor Date: Su, 2008-02-03, 17:52 | Message # 40
Full Plate
oh yeah this one's very likely (concerning Hydra), I'll have to rewrite its code or revise it anyway. it's nice that you reported it. I'll make a note of it in my workshop

Koven Date: Tu, 2008-02-05, 01:31 | Message # 41
Studded Leather
For uniques weapons, there still are "Quick attack" and "Faster attack" suggested while it doesn't exist anymore (only Haste/Fast attack and Equilibrium/Fastest attack, as far as I know).

Another point, I think lvl 30 as a limit to close access to Horror mode is a bit early. Maybe the limit should be increased (like Doom mode in the recent update) to lvl 35 ? lvl 30 comes quite quickly and Horror mode is forbidden before being able to enter/finish crypt levels.

Mordor Date: Tu, 2008-02-05, 08:48 | Message # 42
Full Plate
suffixes of +2 and +4 speed are named 'speed' and 'haste' respectively. after some thinking about it, I came to realize that 'agility' and 'equilibrium' were too long, unfamiliar to ppl, and most importantly NOT needed. Now we have Speed and Haste. These are well known, they are quite short (more chance of fitting on screen) and intuitively comprehensible. As to uniques with +1 and +3 speeds, these are sometimes compatible with other speed bonuses. Thus, for instance, if an Assassin has Adkimanta's Edge in one hand (+1 speed) and Diamond Blade in another (+2), her speed bonus will be equal to +3. Which is a little better. It only affects dual weilders (Assassin and Gladiator). Makes sense? wink

you reached level 30 before finishing crypts???

Zenda Date: Th, 2008-02-07, 19:10 | Message # 43
Robe
Посты: 10
Замечания: 20%
"the problem comes from the boss who is able to increase HP of his minions pack"

Warcry can only increase HP for the monster that uses it. For other nearby monsters with the same attacktype only combat pausing is (temporary) changed.

"Thus, for instance, if an Assassin has Adkimanta's Edge in one hand (+1 speed) and Diamond Blade in another (+2), her speed bonus will be equal to +3"

Speed bonusses are not cumulative, unless you changed that.

Originally, the game had 4 (increasing) Speed modifiers. However, the last one never worked correctly (in Hellfire and early Diablo versions), and the first one did not have any noticable effect.

Any chance that the changes made to limit Normal Mode will be made public?

Edited by Zenda - Th, 2008-02-07, 19:13

Mordor Date: Th, 2008-02-07, 20:29 | Message # 44
Full Plate
I didn't keep a note from this change, it was very simple. 4 byte change. load the dll file in disassembler and find a text string that say that character cannot enter game of nightmare mode bla-bla-bla

somewhere around there will be made a check on character's level. it can be easily identified (14h)

the code there goes somewhat like this:
cmp dif.mode, nightmare (it's 01, iirc)
if not, jmp to hellmode check
cmp clvl, 14h
jl....

if you change dif. mode from 01 to 00 and JL to JGE it will restrict nightmare mode to CLVL30+ players

Same thing for hellmode.

Zenda Date: Fr, 2008-02-08, 16:17 | Message # 45
Robe
Well, I've looked into this some time ago, and found that this check occurs twice. Does this change work for creating as well as joining games?

Furthermore, I doubt that a change to just the DLL will be sufficient. To avoid the limit, all that players need to do is not install the new DLL. For the Dark, we are considering to place the limits on the dungeon entrances too.

Mordor Date: Fr, 2008-02-08, 16:53 | Message # 46
Full Plate
I wasn't able to join other guy's game of Horror difficulty with my veteran character of level 43. it seems it doesn't allow to join the game either.

generally, these are the very same checkers that "guarded" nitemare (for clvl20+ only) and hellmode (for clvl30+)

Check is done twice. first for 2nd mode. second - for 3rd mode. purgatory and doom respectively. after checking on horror and if the current game (that character is trying to createe/join) is not horror, it jumps to check if the game is of purgatory mode. if not, it assumes that the difficulty = doom and is thus allowed for all.

that's my understanding of the process. I could be wrong though. (disclaimer smile )

Well yeah you're right. If the new dll wont be installed. the difficlulty checks will remain what they were before. but honestly, I don't feel like trying so hard to make cheating impossible. people who want to cheat will find a way to do so. people who want to have maximum emotions from playing dont tend to cheat from what I've noticed so far. the only downside of people continuing to hang out on low level of difficulty mode is that they will kind of steal their own pleasure in the future. they might get items powerful enough to make purgatory mode easier than it's supposed to be. but doom mode will never allow somebody to relax. no matter how powerful items they have. even church will be hard for many on doom mode. the most fun game is with sort of flawed or incomplete characters. this gives "something else to want" which is sooo human smile

oh yes, speaking of dungeon entrances. any plans on making restrictions on TP?

Zenda Date: Fr, 2008-02-08, 18:28 | Message # 47
Robe
The check for Nightmare Mode occurs twice. I know there is a check for Hellmode too.

I wasn't really talking about cheaters. When upgrading to the new version, players could simply forget to copy the DLL and never know they missed it.

Btw, all this talk about Horror and Purgatory modes is very confusing. Did you have a reason not to use the original names?

Edited by Zenda - Fr, 2008-02-08, 18:36

Mordor Date: Fr, 2008-02-08, 18:35 | Message # 48
Full Plate
oh really? that's odd... I'll take a look there.

well, I always attach modified DLL file to the mod bundle when I release a patch/new version. I didnt even think about it wacko

could you maybe paste the code here? I found the part of the code, but I dont see double checks there really.

upd: yea, it sounds too much of *hell* when you say hell levels of TheHell on hell mode :))

Zenda Date: Fr, 2008-02-08, 18:56 | Message # 49
Robe
I was hoping to spare me some time with this level limit by using your code. Seems I'll have to figure it out on my own again.

Koven Date: Fr, 2008-02-08, 22:37 | Message # 50
Studded Leather
Nice to see you there Zenda. But too bad you appear to be irritated sometimes.

Diablo: The Hell - forums » The Hell forum [ENG] » Hellforge » Bug reports
  • Страница 1 из 2
  • »
Поиск:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024 Хостинг от uCoz