Th, 2024-04-25, 12:15
Diablo: The Hell
Приветствую Вас Новичок | RSS
Главная | Sup guys - Diablo: The Hell - forums | Регистрация | Вход
[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 1 из 1
Diablo: The Hell - forums » The Hell forum [ENG] » Underworld » Sup guys (Just a few questsions)
Sup guys
Gladoo Date: Tu, 2008-02-05, 18:47 | Message # 1
Leather Armor
Посты: 32
Замечания: 0%
Статус: Offline
Hello everyone,

I just wanted to say what a great mod this is. I haven't played diablo in many years and playing it again brings back alot of memories. I had started a new game without this mod and I found it so very bland. After looking around for a bit I came across TheHell and I am really impressed by what you've accomplished. It's really a great piece of work.

Now for the main reason I'm here happy

Man this game is HARD!

The main reason is the high requirements of the equipment and the slow level of advancement. I didn't find piece of armor to equip (that had any kind of durability) until level 10. I'm level 20 now and I'm just starting to be able to equip items I find in the catacombs though I am able to venture down into the caves by now.

After getting my butt handed to me by all of the quest mobs for so long I was kind of disappointed last night when I finally had the gear to kill the butcher and didn't get The Cleaver. I also cannot find Arkanines' Valor. Were these items taken out of the game? I was so looking forward to two great items. Several of the other main quests work like the Magic Rock and Gharbad the Weak. Can you let me know which quests are still active so I can try to do them? Also, is there anything in the works for some sort of storage? I keep several items in stock so I can switch out whatever I need and I'm running out of space heh.

Other than that I have no complaints. Just the right number and difficulty of mobs on each level.

Thanks!
Rob

Frein Date: Tu, 2008-02-05, 20:17 | Message # 2
Robe
Посты: 9
The poisoned water quest and the anvil quest are intact. Arkaine's Valor doesn't seem to exist. As for storage, just drop your stuff in town and pick it up if you want to start a new game.

Gladoo Date: Tu, 2008-02-05, 20:34 | Message # 3
Leather Armor
Ya I was able to do both of those and I have been leaving stuff in town but you are limited to what you can carry from game to game. Oh well, hopefully they will add something in the future. Thanks for the reply cool

Mordor Date: Tu, 2008-02-05, 21:10 | Message # 4
Full Plate
Посты: 4692
Sup Rob

Glad to hear you like it. No matter how much its-a-great-job-man reports I get I still can't help but feel an increase of inspiration at these moments)

Anyway on to answers

Butcher drops RANDOM stuff. So does Skel.King. This might seem like disadvantage, but it is really not. You can always restart the game and kill the butcher to see how random his drop is) This way you can get many useful items. Ofcourse, the best items will drop ONLY in Hell, Abyss and Crypts, but The Butcher can also "give" you many christmas presents, too.

Item requirements are balanced quite nice IMO. Any class, at any age, with any sort of development strategy will always find what to wear/swing. It's just that there are so much more items than in regular Diablo/Hellfire that I don't even think that anyone ever will find all the types of them. At the beginning, and especially at early levels of Horror mode you'll get low level items. But the closer you will be to Doom mode deep levels the more variety in items you will have. Items can be dropped quite early, but they might give you hints on which stats to invest in when leveling up.

Butcher's cleaver doesn't exist anymore. Let's get real: it wouldn't help you. I mean come on, it's only 4-24 damage, and +10 to STR. That's even worse that THE weakest of unique axes here. Arkaine's valor is gone too. AC25, -3 DFE, faster hit recovery. Not the brightest tool in the box. It might be good in Diablo. But here... you wouldn't wanna wear it when facing some Fear Hunter pack trust me)))

As to the remaining quests:
DLVL 1: The Butcher [random drop]
DLVL 3: Skeleton King [random]
DLVL 2: Poisoned Water [unique helm, Winged Helmet, req.57DEX, nice thing to wear]
DLVL 5: Magic Rock [unique axe, empyrean axe]
DLVL 6: Gharbad [random magic item + unique BLUNT]
DLVL 7: Halls of the Blind [unique amulet, amulet of solstice]
DLVL 8: Zhar the Mad [random book]
DLVL 9: Anvil of Fury [unique axe, Spectral Slasher]
DLVL 13: Warlord [usual stuff + 2 more weapon racks]

That's it. I was trying to implement Arkaine's Valor quest again, but it wasn't worth it anyway. A lot of space from dialogue connected to that quest were used for various purposes (like increasing item and boss types, for instance). Ogden's sign, Lachdanan's curse and Black mushroom, these quests will never be ressurected.

There IS a stasher in the town. Take a look at that old dame Gillian. She can keep your staff, free of charge. In one of her gossips she can even tell you the story how she became a stasher smile

Make sure you start the game with 'RUN_HELL.EXE' to be able to use stash plugin.

Gladoo Date: Tu, 2008-02-05, 21:31 | Message # 5
Leather Armor
Oh ya I know the items from the original release would not have been very useful here I just thought you might have boosted the stats on them and left the quests in. No prob if it was too much work, but black mushroom would have been nice biggrin . Looking around my folders I can't find that executable, I've been using TH.exe. I have the latest version I believe, 1.57v RC4, is that correct? Should I have it?

Thanks for the reply Mor,
Rob

*EDIT* Bah I see it now, I've spent too much time in the halls of the blind.
Wow I wish I had know this 20 levels ago smile just awesome.

Edited by Gladoo - Tu, 2008-02-05, 21:38

Mordor Date: Tu, 2008-02-05, 21:38 | Message # 6
Full Plate
Quote (Gladoo)
black mushroom would have been nice

even better >> spectral elixirs can be dropped by monsters now. you'll never be able to buy elixirs, but spectral can be dropped (it adds +1 to all here)

Latest release is 1.57x. You need the bundle (~25mb), and then install the patch (~350kb). Homepage, Downloads section. As usual. Here

Gladoo Date: Tu, 2008-02-05, 21:45 | Message # 7
Leather Armor
Ya its awesome, I got 3 spectrals and a magic and vitality all back to back, ever did that? biggrin cool happy

Mordor Date: Tu, 2008-02-05, 22:00 | Message # 8
Full Plate
dont worry it happens only once in a lifetime wink

btw, they say many elixirs can be found in caves

Gladoo Date: Tu, 2008-02-05, 22:30 | Message # 9
Leather Armor
I was in the catacombs heh but ya I figured it was a one time deal.

I've been reading the patch notes on the latest verion, do you create all the content yourself? Monster 3D animation rendering, sounds, item graphics etc or do you have people helping you?

Just wondering how you got started in all this and what your background is.

Mordor Date: Tu, 2008-02-05, 23:27 | Message # 10
Full Plate
the background is quite simple. i liked Diablo I and I didn't like Diablo II. Still don't know why, but I don't get much pleasure from playing D2. But the game was too easy and definetely lacked completeness. Still, I had a feeling it had a potential. About 2,5 years ago I started searching for mods for Hellfire but didn't find something that would make me say "THIS IS IT". So I decided to make a mod myself. After playing some mods and taking a break I started The Hell. On April 14, 2006. It's the birthdate of TH:)

Some mods had wonderful ideas that I took here. Some ideas are my own. Many useful suggestions were made by players. In fact you can notice that many reports on imbalance issues or whatever ind their way into the game, and fast. For example, today a problem on monster resists was reported and I fixed that within one hour:)

I do use help of others. In fact, I use it so much that I hesitate to say 'I' when talking about modmakers nad tend to say 'We'. Those who helped or continue helping are mentioned in credits. Especially those who were with the game at the very beginning. Guys like FreshMeat, for example. We played online a lot back then. And a lot of cooping problems were fixed thanks to him:)

I also liked many features of The Dark mod and many from them also made their way into The Hell.

Moreover, we are looking for people who can further help in improving the game.

Diablo: The Hell - forums » The Hell forum [ENG] » Underworld » Sup guys (Just a few questsions)
  • Страница 1 из 1
Поиск:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024 Хостинг от uCoz